Our Thanksgiving leftovers are slowly diminishing, we had our last full Thanksgiving meal for Sunday dinner, but now I'm figuring out what to do with the rest of the leftovers. Since we cooked 2 turkeys, we still have an abundance of it. The last 2 nights I have made turkey dishes.
Last night, I made
Chicken/Turkey Divan
-Cook desired amount of broccoli in casserole dish the microwave for about 2.5 minutes; drain water
-Place turkey/chicken piece on top of broccoli
-Mix together 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup sour cream, and 1.5 (150% ha!ha!) teaspoon of curry
-Pour top of broccoli and chicken
-Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese
-Top with bread pieces soaked in melted butter
-Bake @ 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

Chicken with Wild Rice Soup
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 large carrots, finely chopped
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1/4 c butter
1/2 c flour
8 cups chicken broth
3 cups cooked wild rice (I just used brown rice because it was cheaper :)
1 c cubed chicken (or turkey)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 c evaporated milk
In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, carrot, and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth. Stir in the rice, chicken, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in milk; cook 3-5 minutes longer. Yield: 10 servings (2-21/2 quarts)
So, if you don't know what to do with those leftovers, I would suggest these recipes :) Enjoy!
I Just made that same soup yesterday with our Turkey leftovers! That was really yummy!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try the soup recipe. That happens to be one of my all time favs. If you are running low on leftover turkey I can set you up. I forgot to take the 23 lb. turket out of the freezer in time, so it didn't thaw, so I went and bought a fresh one, but we still ended up cooking the other one. We had two 23 pound turkeys. Can you say SICK OF TURKEY?
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! Thanks
ReplyDeleteSounds really tasty!!!
ReplyDeleteyum, those recipes look delicious! i want to try the first one. where do you get these? i'm always looking for good recipes...but seem to struggle actually making a good meal. next time you come to utah, come teach me how to cook!
ReplyDeletecheck you out you little chef! hey taryn! i miss you! im so happy you have found our blog! where are you guys?? still in kentucky? i cant wait to read all about you guys on your blog! love you! britt
ReplyDeleteI just made your soup recipe. I substituted a little though. I used 1 tsp. salt and pepper, heavy cream instead of milk and put in more than 1 cup turkey. It was still a huge success. It turned out soooo good.
ReplyDeleteWow! That soup recipe looks soooooo good. Who did you get that from? She must be a fantabulous cook! :)
ReplyDelete