Monday, August 16, 2010

Filling in the gaps...

Between Grant going to school and my working, here are some of the things we've been doing to stay even busier, and some of the things we're loving right now. A totally random post but thought it would be fun :)

Pictured below:
Good news: Grant got this cute little 10" laptop for his birthday, loving how light and small it is.
Bad news: Grant sprained his ankle playing soccer last weekend. It was so swollen you could barely see the bones in his ankle and he had some crazy bruising causing the whole outside of his foot to be purple. We hooked him up to the ice machine we still have from my knee surgery. It seems to be getting better, but still no telling how long it'll be til he's back to normal.
Aside from transcription, I have spent the last 3 weeks or more "working" for Karrie, helping with the triplets. I have really loved it and feel much more capable of now one day caring for my own infant. Aside from normal day to day activities such as feeding, changing diapers, preparing formula, baby laundry, running the dishwasher, etc....I got to do some fun stuff like pick out outfits to go to the mall...
and have so much fun watching them start to smile and grow...and laugh at the hilarious positions they end up in. And I have no officially been thrown up on, spit up on, and POOPED on :) Yep, that's how I know how comfortable they are with me ;)-thanks Allie.

Add ImageLast night I tried these cookies I'd been eying over at The Girl Who Ate Everything (probably my favorite food blog)...they were awesome!
One of the belts on the Protege completely shredded...I am SO thankful to be married to a guy who I swear can fix just about anything. He braved the nasty sweaty heat the other morning and replaced 2 belts on the car...works great and doesn't squeak anymore :)
Been loving these new Sandwich Thins...they are great for everything!
...especially helping us enjoy some of our garden veggies...(no, we didn't grow the avocado, I wish!)...Served with some amazing turkey burgers...seriously, SO good.Cut in half, ketchup for dipping and ready to eat! Try it :) And as far as projects go (yes, I could wish we could say we were completely finished, but we're not)...we (and by that I mean Grant while I was away working), added some baseboards to the upstairs room (it weirdly didn't have any) and built some awesome shelves in that room as well! Also...painted that ugly wood door white :)
I don't have a before without the shelves, but you get the idea...there was nothing in this little cubby hole, now there are awesome, fully functioning shelves, now full of text books, photo albums, etc.
Well I have a week til I start school, so this week will be full of cooking and freezing meals, organizing and cleaning, and hopefully having some fun...since I'm about to not have time for any of that!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is under control for the beginning of your school Taryn. I'm so glad that you were able to finish up things at home and get prepared for the next months ahead. It will probably be great, once things get in the groove with school but I know you will miss those little ones. You will have to make special nights out with the 5 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also loving those sandwich thins. Those cookies look amazing. I might just have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend will be sad to have you go back to work. I'm sure the triplets were the best dressed babies at the mall. :) Your projects and cookies all look great. We hope Grant's foot is getting better and that this last week before school starts for you is a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete