It is weird to think that two years ago, we had only been on the island a few weeks, and already we were going to the 101st Navy Dental birthday ball. I remember being stressed about it. I didn't know where to find a Great Gatsby themed outfit, I didn't know who I was going to have watch my 10 week old baby, etc. Well, who knew that that night would be the beginning of something big, our relationship with Alexa! That night was the first time she ever watched Rowan, and to stick with tradition, she watched them both this year (only Boden was the 10 week old this time around!) It was fun to dress up and get out for a date night without the kids.
This year's theme was a masquerade ball. It was much smaller and at a different location this year which I was a little sad about since we had pictures in the same spot with a pretty view at the ball the last two years, but oh well.
I was lucky enough to find someone to borrow both my dress (thanks Heather!) and mask from! The Navy Nurse Corp had a masquerade ball a few months back, so I looked through people's pictures on facebook and found one that I really liked and asked Laura if I could borrow it. Lucky for me she was glad to share!
There is a fun group of dentists on island, so it's always a good time to go hang out with them. We are kind of in between people moving away and people coming so it was a much smaller group, but we still had some good food and company.
Happy 103rd Birthday to the Navy Dental Corp! We're grateful for the good job and wonderful experiences it has afforded us thus far in our lives.



Awesome night! You were beautiful and you both had great masks.
ReplyDelete