Monday, December 27, 2010
Christmas Eve/Day 2010
Christmas is always wonderful, no matter where it is, as long as we are surrounded by those we love and love us. Everyone always dreams of a "White Christmas" but I can honestly say that I have NEVER been sad that I've never had a white Christmas. This year was no exception. I always felt fortunate to grow up in California, getting to go out and ride my new bike, etc. Now, Christmas in California (or Grant's fam in Arizona), is an escape from winter, and I love it. Despite the little bit of rain, it was warm enough and quite comfortable.
Christmas Eve we had a big dinner and invited the sister missionaries as well as 2 older women in our church ward who did not have family to spend Christmas with. We enjoyed good company and delicious food. It had been way too long since I'd eaten orange rolls, and I definitely ate my fair share. We also introduced all our guests to "fruit soup", which is now everyone's new favorite, seriously one of my favorite foods ever!

Rose girls by the Christmas tree
Sisters...after eying all our presents ;)
Then we opened our Christmas Eve PJs, an annual tradition.
Family photo...I have to say the self timer did good work on this picture. Loving spending the time at home with family.
Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care...and we head to bed. It ceases to amaze me how giddy I get on Christmas Eve. I may have done it 27 times before, but Christmas morning never gets old!
And in the morning, we still line up (in age order) before we are allowed to go out and look at our presents :) Karleigh is going to get mad when we start adding kids to the mix who get to cut in front of her in line!
Our stockings (and all the stuff that spills out of them) have always been one of our favorite parts of Christmas...Santa really goes all out.
We then gathered in the living room and exchanged gifts. I love creating new memories but also reliving Christmases past. It really is "one of" the most wonderful times of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah I love your family! This looks so wonderful! Sure miss you guys. My boots are from Anthro- but like 3 years ago unfortunately:( but they do have a lot of great ones on sale online right now! Just go to sale and then shoes! Happy shopping:) love you!
ReplyDeleteBritt
It was wonderful to have everyone home. Such great memories, new and old.
ReplyDelete