Thursday, April 21, 2011

End of the year parties

Can't believe this semester is almost over! This week has made it feel like school really is almost over. It was our last week of clinicals for the semester (which I'm actually really sad about because I have really enjoyed this semester). But, since kindergarten, the end of the school year =parties, and although our end-of-the-year parties no longer consists of the mom's bringing cupcakes to class or field days out on the playground, we're still trying to have some fun. So here's how the week has played out thus far...
Monday-Christa's birthday. And since it's no longer cool to have your mom bring cupcakes to class...I stepped it up. She had never tried funfetti cake with rainbow chip frosting, so naturally that is what I made. SO good!
After class we had a repeat of her b-day dinner from last year...sushi at Tomo.
Of course we invited our one cute dental student to enjoy the company of all us nurses.
Crazy we will only be able to play this day over one more time next year, then it's graduation and goodbye Lexington :( :)
Tuesday was our last day of peds clinical. Although I have never really thought peds was going to be my thing (and I still don't really think it will be), I grew to enjoy my time in this class. Had some good experiences with patients and parents and saw a lot of sad, interesting and sometimes entertaining things.
After clinical we enjoyed lunch downtown at Chipotle :)
Wednesday was busy with more class and an Easter activity for the girls at church. They dyed Easter eggs and made these cute little bags to put them in.
And I rounded out the week of eating out with our OB clinical group at Saul Good after our simulation. I truly will miss this semester...I have loved OB! This semester has actually gotten me excited to be a nurse. My clinical instructor was awesome, got to be a part of several births, felt like lecture material actually translated to the clinical setting, and overall just had a great experience.
Don't be fooled, I still have a few tough weeks ahead including finals, but the end is in sight!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're almost done!! I want to come to your end of school year parties, only if I still don't have to go back to school though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK on finals etc. I am soo glad that you had a good semester. You are going to make such an amazing nurse. I can see you as a great OB nurse :) Too bad my water didn't break a day sooner...you could have practiced on me and Jacob..lol

    ReplyDelete