Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Fun girls weekend at home

I have really enjoyed living here (obviously for many reasons), but also because we have had so many wonderful visitors.  My college friend Jenny (we lived a few doors down in the dorms, went to BYU Hawaii together for a summer, and pretty much experienced most of college together) came to visit last weekend and we had an amazing time. Her husband Sean was kind enough to take a day off work to be with the kids and sent her to come hang out with me for 3 days! 
She has more pics than me...so you can check out her take on the trip here.
I picked her up Thursday afternoon and we headed straight to Little Italy for some pizza and then to Extraordinary Desserts. Like everything else, these were both amazing.

On Friday we took a long walk and then headed out shopping. Jenny was incredibly successful (actually found everything she was looking for) and enjoyed shopping without kids, while I enjoyed the company of having someone to shop with :)
When Grant got home we rode bikes over to Rockin' Baja and tried the GIANT nachos...they were delicious.

Saturday was the morning that Grant left early to go deep sea fishing, so I was so grateful to have Jenny there to both keep me company, but also prevent me from having time to worry about him (Mexican pirates, boat capsized by a whale, etc :) Yes, I'm a worrier, I'm working on it.
We enjoyed some California burritos on the beach before heading in to prepare for the big feast we had with our neighbors that night. Thank you Jenny for all the help in the kitchen!
As I posted about previously, we had an amazing dinner with the sunset as our backdrop that night.
Sunday morning, the sun decided to finally come out, unfortunately we didn't have much time to enjoy it since we headed to church and then the airport, but it still made for a beautiful last morning!
I miss you already...please come back :) Excited to the possibility of having their entire family visit this winter!

1 comment:

  1. I had SUCH an amazing time!! I can't wait to come back and bring the whole family! Thank you for letting me come hang out like the good old days. Loved it all and love you!

    ReplyDelete