Sunday, January 26, 2014

Eight exciting months!

 I'm a few days late posting this, but wanted to document some of what Rowan was up to this month, and of course, some of my favorite pictures ;) 
This month, Rowan:
-celebrated his first Christmas!
-got his first 2 teeth (first the bottom left, followed by the bottom right a few days later). He took it like a champ, hardly even complained at all!
-Started eating LOTS of new foods 
-Learned to splash in the bathtub, making it increasingly difficult to stay dry while bathing him :) He also can't seem to stay seated at any time. He loves to stand and will try to stand up in his high chair, in the bathtub, everywhere! it's a constant battle :) 
-Makes really cute/funny inhaling noises when he gets really excited. I love it.
-Got his first haircut! It was starting to curl over his ears and was just getting too long on top, so we decided to cut it (which I was actually a little sad about-more than I anticipated-but after it was done I was glad we did it!) It's not professional, a little uneven, but looks really cute still, especially with a little pomade :) 
-Grew into size 3 diapers at the end of the month
-Learned to climb stairs (and we subsequently purchased a baby gate :) 
-LOVES his dad. We wait outside on the patio for him to get home from work and he smiles from ear to ear and squeals with excitement when he sees him.
-Loves playing "I'm going to get you"-gets more excited about the anticipation of being tickled than the actual tickling itself
-Has become an incredibly fast crawler and almost always crawls on his right knee and left foot. 
-Sleep training success-he is EXCELLENT at putting himself to sleep at night after a bath, a meal and a couple of books (his and my favorite being Night Night Little Pookie)
-First trip to the dentist (although it was more for the picture than an actual exam :)

And since that documentation is mostly for me, here are some cute pics for everyone to enjoy :) 
It's been a wonderful month. He is such a fun age, getting crazy busy, but Grant and I say multiple times a day how blessed we are to have this little guy in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I think he is the cutest baby I have ever seen:).

    ReplyDelete