It's that time of year again...the Navy Dental Corps Birthday ball! It has actually turned into sort of a fun tradition, and I like that our first one was in San Diego on the Midway, celebrating 100 years. It'll be an easy way to mark our time on active duty :) In Okinawa, it has become tradition to have a themed event each year. Last year was Great Gatsby, this year the theme was James Bond. It was a little bit hard to decide what to wear that looked "Bond style"...so I took a very laid back approach to the whole thing. I decided what I was wearing the day of, and Grant wore a suit with a tie that matched my dress. I did the high ponytail in lieu of a more formal updo, since I thought that looked a bit Bond girly :)
The event was at the Butler Officer's club and we always comment on this turtle out front, so decided I needed a picture with him!
I am not a fan of how I look when I'm trying to look serious in pictures...so it's a special exception if a choose not to smile in a photo. So...we aren't looking as hard core as we maybe should be, but I think it's a pretty cute pic :)
Here is my exception to smiling for the night...Brea, Amanda and Mandy
And the handsome boys
It was a gorgeous night, I love the view from the top of this hill
The fun thing about a theme is that it makes it easier to decorate and there were some cute props and decorations there.The tables were elegant, we got etched martini glasses to take home, and I don't know what they do to the diet coke at this place but it was the most amazing I've tasted in a long time :)
There was bond trivia, a silent auction and some dental/officer bond humor. The food was not my favorite (not bad, just not as good as it should have been for the price) but the company was good and it was fun to get out just the two of us. It was weird to think back on this event from last year. We had only been here about 3 weeks, we left Rowan for the first time with a non-family member (interestingly enough it was Alexa, who watched him again this year), but weird to think what a tiny little guy he was and how nervous I was to leave him!
Love my "003" Bond man Grant :) He's a keeper.
Looks like you had a fun time!
ReplyDelete