We woke up Sunday morning well rested (Rowan slept until 7:30-almost 2 hours later than normal :) I told you those futons were comfy! It was raining so we decided to start our day at the aquarium. I felt silly going to an aquarium when we have the third largest in the world next to our house, but sometimes small is fun...and it was! Perfect for Rowan too. We got lucky and it didn't pour, just a steady drizzle for a bit. The walk there was really pretty and we saw a lot of what we had the day before, but it was low tide so people were walking out to the Torii gate and there was a fun mist in the air.
There was a lobster exhibit (which Rowan was really excited about...)
There was a cool little area where you could fish for crawfish, it was cute.
I wanted to go on the gandola but decided it probably wasn't worth it with the storm, however, when we were done at the aquarium the rain had actually cleared things out a bit. There were still some clouds, but the air was much clearer than it was the day before. Not to mention...we needed to add another form of transportation to the list for this trip :) So, we did some more walking and headed up Mt. Misen! There was a shuttle that went up the road, but we opted to walk instead (it was only like a 15 minute walk) and were so glad we did. It was GORGEOUS!
Like I mentioned, maple leaves are a big thing there...and I thought it cool that these maple leaves just happened to fall in this perfect positioning. There were maple trees everywhere!
Mt Misen Ropeway selfie :)
Sharing a leaf cookie...Sorry Boden, all you get is this paci I'm shoving in your mouth :)
It was getting a bit late so we went to grab our stuff from the hotel (which was in the lobby of the hotel with a fishing net over it to show it belonged to someone-haha, I love Japan :) and catch the ferry. We had originally planned to do some sightseeing in Hiroshima, but decided to just head back to Osaka instead. I was not disappointed though because we loved Miyajima and were able to spend enough time to do everything I wanted to there! We made it back and checked into our new hotel (where we actually got to stay for 2 nights instead of just one :) They upgraded us to a room with 3 beds, yay!














No comments:
Post a Comment