The night before Rowan's birthday, I tucked him into bed for the last
time as a 3-year-old and he expressed that he didn't want to turn 4,
because he just loved being 3 so much! And I kind of had to agree. There
are hard things about being 3, but overall it has been such a fun and
incredible year, I have loved having him as a 3 year old.
However,
the next morning, he woke up excited about the balloons taped to his
bed and ran into the hallway where we have a ruler board where we can
measure them and he asked Grant to see how tall he was (because
obviously he was taller now that he was 4!) I thought that was so cute.
After
he made me a little teary with his not wanting to turn 4 comment, I
came out and finished decorating his chair and the table for the next
morning.
With
each birthday, I can't help but think about the day they were born. I
am not by nature a "baby person", but I absolutely cannot get enough of
my own babies. I love to snuggle them and just stare at their tiny
little features. That Wednesday night when Rowan was born was
perfect...beautiful birth, gorgeous baby, good times.
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th birthdays!
Rowan
requested pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles for his birthday
breakfast...and he seriously struggled blowing out this candle, haha. It
was hilarious to watch him try from every angle until finally he
succeeded.
After
breakfast, we got everything together and headed down to Mission Bay
for some paddle boarding and playing at the beach. Grant had taken the
Monday off, so we pretty much had the beach to ourselves! (not to
mention we found a spot where you literally park right next to the sand
which made bringing the boards and all our stuff down to the water a
breeze!
Grant
took both boys out for an initial spin, then Boden decided he wanted to
get off, so I hopped on the other board with Rowan and we went
exploring while Boden played at the beach with Mimi and Papa.
After
the beach, the kids took a long nap while we drove home and unloaded
the car. We then went to Urban Plates for dinner where Rowan picked mac n
cheese to eat and then we came home for root beer floats. It was a
beautiful and fun day spent celebrating this amazing 4 year old! Happy
birthday Rowan, we love you!
Rowan
at 4 years old: still LOVES construction trucks and could "play with
them all day", knows how to throw quite the tantrum that makes you want
to scream but then is too sweet to be mad at him a second after it ends,
can be super sweet to his brother but doesn't like his toys taken or
messed with, loves to cuddle, wrestle dad, talk to baby and has to ask
mom 5 "questions" before bed every night. He is timid to try new things
but with a little pushing is always good and them and then loves doing
it (like riding a bike, learning to swim, etc). He looks forward to so
many things and can't wait to start preschool and for his baby brother
to arrive. Rowan, we love you so much. Thanks for being such an amazing
little boy!











Loved being there for that special day.
ReplyDelete