Friday, July 25, 2008

SD Zoo and Sea World

Trips to San Diego were a common occurance for me as a child. The majority of my extended family lives in San Diego so we were down there at a minimum 2 times a year. While in Utah, Grant and I would drive down for long weekends, etc. but now that we are SEVERAL states away, we decided to make it more of a destination vacation and do some touristy things. Grant has wanted to go to the zoo and Sea World ever since we met, and now 4 years later, we did it! Tim, we know you are having some memory loss from your bike accident so we decided to take this picture to remind you what your favorite animal is :)
We're looking pretty weird here, but hey, it was a long day of walking around. We had to amuse ourselves somehow!
And here is the Ituri Forest...at the World Famous San Diego Zoo (the biggest one in the world-yes I did a report on it in 4th grade)
And the next day, we went to Sea World. I went a million times as a kid so I wasn't super excited to go again but it had been awhile and Grant had never been so we decided it would be a fun trip. This is us after the show at Dolphin Stadium. Pretty cool.
Holly and I waiting to go into the shark encounter. I've always liked this. It's a little glass tube through the water with sharks swimming all around. Not Grant's favorite animal but he still liked it :)
How would you like one of those to open up for you in the ocean? You could jump right in!
Beautiful view of the city and the ocean. We walked down to the ocean at this spot later that night for the fireworks show. It was amazing.
Waiting for the ride, Journey to Atlantis. Splash Mountain meets rollercoaster, it was pretty fun.
And here is our picture at the end of it :)
Waiting for the Shamu show to start...always a highlight at Sea World.
We went to the night show which I had never been to which was pretty cool. It was just a lot of music and the whales doing flips, etc...not too much talking by the trainers.
Here they all are waving to us :)
Grant's first time touching a starfish...ever...yeah, I know. He grew up in Kentucky :)
Grant arranged the starfish for this picture.

I love these tube sea anemones. They look like palm trees in a Dr. Seuss book.
And this is the last picture of the day after the rafting rapids ride. We got ALL the way wet just before we went to get in the warm car. It was pretty cold though (as you can tell from Karleigh's face...she's obviously the best actress of us all).

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! Thanks for sharing pictures. Only Grant would think to arrange star fish for a picture. :) The picture of you on the ride screaming is great!

    ReplyDelete