Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Treasures of the Shed

We decided to take on what we though might be a "smaller" project for the day...cleaning out the shed. The previous owner left us with a bunch of stuff. Maybe they thought they were helping us out because there were some useful things like stain for the deck, some trim pieces, etc...but mostly it was a bunch of crap! But buried deep beneath the crap were these priceless treasures we found..take a look :)

We are pretty sure we have solved the the mystery of the "sign thief" in Lexington. Now all we have to figure out is how old these signs are to know which owner it may have been. We're not quite sure what to do with them all! There are SO many. Any ideas? I think we'll get in trouble if we try to sell them on ebay!

And here is another priceless gem. A GENUINE Budweiser cooler. We were trying to re-enact what our backyard may have been used for previously. This one is going to the highest bidder so post your offer in a comment :) Bidding ends midnight on my birthday, July 13, 2008. We will announce the winner then!


On a more serious note, here is the product of our labors today. There were a few bumps and bruises (yes I stepped on a rusty nail that went through my flip flop and into my foot, and then avulsed a large chunk of dermis from the medial aspect of my left foot and therefore proceeded to call my mom and see when my last tetanus shot was. Looks like it was 14 years ago! So I'm off to the clinic in the morning to get one of those thick peanut buttery tetanus shots. Can't wait.

Our beautiful bikes hanging from their new racks.

And the future home of Grant's new workbench :)

And the trash compactor. We couldn't fit everything but luckily trash day is tomorrow and we'll get to stuff the rest of it in then!

10 comments:

  1. Well I noticed you just left a comment on my blog and therefore must be up... Anyways I think you should do a room in your house with all the signs! And call it the sign room. Lol... it could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha what's up with that "structure" sign? You should put that one above your fire place for sure. I love that the previous owners were cleptos! That Budwiser cooler is also pretty awesome. I don't know that you should auction that puppy off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dibs on the shirt-less men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Just start giving them out as b-day and christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh! those signs are so cool! i wish i were closer and i'd buy them for you for photo shoots! they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what great finds... I remember in high school this guy I liked stole a street sign with my name on it and my mom made me take it back to the city offices and return it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really funny about the signs! I love your house makeover, it makes me and scott want a house sooooo bad! I hope you are both doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried to find you after church to tell you, but this is the best I can do at the moment......

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Hope you enjoyed it (I know your computer isn't working, so I know you didn't check this on your b-day). Also enjoy your time in Cali, We'll see you guys when school starts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. K well I just noticed this but what does the sign say in the middle on the top...? You must have what???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey...I will gladly take the "hot men" sign off your hands (just a thought).
    I miss not chatting!! IM is such a bore now.
    Have fun in Cali.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete