New Year's Eve celebration 2007 Davis, CA- bring in the New Year 2008!
Family trip to Point Reyes National Seashore, Jan. 08
4 of the "fab 5" from high school, together again for dessert. Missed you Kristen.
In February we took our first ever trip to NYC and absolutely LOVED it. I could definitely live there for a couple of years but I'm pretty sure we never will. I will be content just visiting :)Our first Broadway show, Wicked!
Jenifer was working there that week so we got to stay with her at the Millennium Broadway in Times Square. She got to hang out with us for a few days at the end of the week.
Our Today Show friend Lenny. We were right front and center in all the action. Got to meet Matt, Meredith, Natalie and Al, along with Fergie and Heidi Klum. Pretty awesome.
Two weeks later we flew to Kentucky to do some house shopping. Here is Grant talking about building the loft in our house, before we had even put an offer on it.
Shortly after returning, we ran in the Canyonlands Half marathon, our first organized race of any kind. It was a cool course down the canyon along the Colorado River. It took me a little while to finish but I did it without walking and that was my goal.
Our drive/hike through Arches National Park when we were done with the race. We realized we'd be leaving Utah soon and had never really explored Southern Utah.
Grant finished classes in December (hence all the trips earlier in the year), but he officially graduated from Brigham Young University in April. Congrats Grant!
Filling up our 50 gallon tank with gas prices over $4/gallon this summer. No one should have to pay $200 at the pump!
Unloading at our new house. We decided not to wait for help and unloaded the whole thing ourselves, cement tables and all. We're tough!
Our first cute little garden. We ate out of it all summer. Lots of fun. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, onions, carrots, zucchini, squash, and lots of herbs. Can't wait til next summer to do it all over again.
And the final product (living room). I refrained from putting more final pictures since I devoted several blog posts to the remodel this summer.
After working hard and being in Kentucky for a few months, we treated ourselves to a family trip to California. All of us kids at La Jolla Shores. Love it!
Grant's white coat ceremony. They make you feel like a doctor, then you realize you still have 4 years of school left.
Grant joins the Navy and is officially commissioned in October (finally the paychecks start coming:)
Our first time at Keeneland, breakfast at the track while the horses warm up. We went back one other time this season for some races.
Grant had season tickets to the football games but they were too expensive for me to get but I did get to go to one game, it was end of October and SO warm. Loved it.
Grant takes a sealant trip to Bell County, KY, and gets to put sealants on elementary school kids.
Thanksgiving. Our first one without family since we've been married but had wonderful friends to share it with.
The table.
HCH- Karrie, Jenny and me. My workout buddies and motivation.
The "Christmas sweater" Christmas card pictures!
"Christmas Sunday" out in front of my favorite lemon tree.
Christmas Eve- 9 mile run on the beach, perfect day...burned some good calories to stuff ourselves that night.
Christmas Eve dinner (full post devoted to this later). Massage line, I got the best spot!
And Christmas morning in our new jammies!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!






What a year-you guys have done a lot! Hope 2009 is just as good.
ReplyDeleteCute pics.. fun year.. I didn't know you sold Wan.. so sad!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it nuts to realize everything that has happened in a year? I liked this post! I may have to copy it since I didn't really do a Christmas one since Sean was in the bathroom the entire day... ANYWAY! Your pics were fun. Wish we could bring in 2009 together!!
ReplyDeleteThats a cool post. I need to do one! You guys had such an eventful year. This next year will be like that for us! Finally leaving Provo :)
ReplyDelete