Monday, December 29, 2008

Ocean Fun...in December

I've been doing a good job running and working out recently, so I didn't want to lose everything I've been working on while I was on vacation, so I decided I would make working out fun by running on the beach. While running on sand isn't the easiest thing, it made running much more enjoyable and made me realize that one day I really do need to live near the beach.
Obviously in December the water isn't the warmest but Holly and I decided that we were there and we were just going to swim, regardless of the temperature. We took a running start and didn't stop until we were fully under the water (which happened a bit faster for Holly since she fell half way in :) We did it! Wasn't even cold when we got out :)
Grant stayed warm and dry but enjoyed taking a video of us (at the bottom of this post).
Here we go!

It was TONS of fun. I love the ocean. I just wish we could have spent more time there.

A few days later, Grant and I took a job around Mission Bay and along the coast by Mission Beach (a total of 9 miles of coastline). It was a beautiful day, warm, just a tiny breeze to dry our sweat.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you Taryn! You are lookin real skinny, I am kinda jealous!! I miss the days when we would go to the gym together (even though it was seldom).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good holiday for you. Glad you had such good weather and thus a good time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I have actually been working out over the break with my mom too.... We haven't made it to the beach though. That looks like fun! Happy New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just needed to tell you that I LOVED your Christmas card and I think the Christmas sweaters should be a tradition for you guys! Thanks for sending us one... now I have your address for next year! (Somehow I forgot to do them this year)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet vacation, beach and sun. We mostly had snow and sun and snow and ice and cold.
    See ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was just a mean post for someone who really wishes they got to go home for Christmas! :) My mom's house looks awesome as usual. Thanks for the pictures of Christmas Eve and the beach. It's sad I wasn't in the pictures, but they were fun anyway. Next year! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was just a mean post for someone who really wishes they got to go home for Christmas! :) My mom's house looks awesome as usual. Thanks for the pictures of Christmas Eve and the beach. It's sad I wasn't in the pictures, but they were fun anyway. Next year! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a good time! The beach looks great and I am not suprised you got in. Glad to have you back though:)

    ReplyDelete