Last weekend was obviously an amazing game to watch. It was just me and the guys (Rashelle, please hurry and come home!) but I did some homework, made a Bajio run (I was wearing my BYU football shirt and every employee of Bajio asked why I wasn't watching the game, or if I knew the score-to which I replied, it just started and we're watching it on DVR-the ONLY way to watch football)!
Today, the game was not as exciting, but it was solid nonetheless. With a 54-3 score, it was fun to watch. And after last week, I decided we needed to do some good football eating while we enjoyed today's game. My friend Lora had the recipe for Winger's sticky fingers posted on her blog the other day. They sounded amazing, and easy enough so I decided to try them! The chicken isn't cheap (but it was my lucky day and it was on sale at Kroger this week) but so easy and TASTY! Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try. The ranch dipping sauce is a must have as well.
WINGERS STICKY FINGERS
6 Tbs. Frank's Hot Sauce *It must be Frank's.1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
4 Tbs. Water
1 bag Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips (fully cooked)
1 cup oil
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch original dressing mix (not the buttermilk packet)
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup mayonnaise.
Mix Frank's, sugar and water together in a saucepan stirring constantly until the sugar has all melted and the sauce has just started to boil. It will be really runny but will thicken as it cools so take it off the heat while you cook the chicken. Heat the oil in a frying pan, not too hot. The chicken is cooked so you are just warming and crisping the chicken. When the chicken is done, put the chicken in a Tupperware and pour the sauce over it. (If you want to make the Creamy Amazing sauce save some Amazing sauce to mix with the ranch.) Shake to coat the chicken. Mix your ranch packet with the buttermilk and mayonnaise (and your leftover sauce).
And, I love 7-layer dip (or however many layers you choose to make it, I think this one is only 6). Eat it up with some Tostitos hint of lime and you have the recipe for some good football watching!

GO BYU!! Gavin's been loaded up with BYU gear. He gets so excited every time he sees a football game, he starts tackling Tim. Glad you guys get to watch the games out there. That's fun!
ReplyDeletelooks yummy! And go BYU! My blog is now a tribute to BYU football (because of the color and picture) Wish you were here so we could watch the games together!
ReplyDeleteYummm, game food. I will have to try the chicken recipe, I think Lincoln would flip over it.
ReplyDeleteYummy food! It's fun to think back to our first football games when we were freshman!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! Glad you could enjoy the game with friends. Hope the season continues as it has started. Go Cougars!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING!! Sad I wasn't there to join you!! Next game for sure!! Thanks for feeding my hubby that stuff...and for posting the recipes...he is already asking for them again!! GO COUGARS!! See ya soon!!
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmm. Yes, please.
ReplyDeleteYum!!! You sure know how to watch in style!
ReplyDeleteLove sticky fingers so I am going to have to try those! That game was amazing, wasn't it? A game I actually wasn't bored watching! Very cool that you can still watch the games in KY!
ReplyDelete