Sunday, November 28, 2010

Movember

Nope, that's not a typo...Movember it was in our house. November is prostate cancer awareness month and in honor of that Grant grew a mustache, to remind every man over 50 to go get his prostate checked. I have to say I think it kind of worked because he looked a little ridiculous and people were inclined to ask why he had it. His patient appointments this month were full of fun prostate stories :)
I am NOT a fan of the mustache, not on anyone, but especially him (sorry Grant). I just don't understand them I guess. As November came to a close, I was quite excited for his shave...at which time he told me he was planning to keep it another month. It is now day 5 of December and I have FINALLY convinced him to shave ;) So here is our ONE December picture taken with a mustache (and I think the only picture of both of us while he had it)...and hopefully he will keep up his end of the bargain and tomorrow will once again be clean shaven!
(Yes, it was an ugly Christmas sweater party, and no I don't have one, but not really sure what's going on with my scarf and I'm wearing tall boots and look like a giant....definitely not our best pic :)
And for proof that Grant wasn't the only freak at school last month...

8 comments:

  1. Pretty sure Grant takes the cake on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the 'stache! There is a guy in our ward that randomly grows one every couple of months and I always wonder if his wife likes it or what?!! Maybe he's got an agenda... just waiting for someone to ask about it?! Hmm- guess I'll ask next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross and GROSS Grant!! You are good to put up for it as long as you did Taryn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 'stash was a nice added touch for the bad Christmas sweater party. :) It's nice you had a good message to tell people when they asked what it was all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you are relieved that it is over T. I agree that clean faced is a better look for Grant. However, I agree, it did go well with the ugly Christmas sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I am glad I got to see Grant with a stache!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome and classic Grant! I love the group of photos at the bottom - Grant did a good mug shot. Made me think of the sequel to Napoleon Dynamite. "Kip goes to jail."

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's AWESOME! Lewis' response: "Holy cow! He's a 70's cop!"

    ReplyDelete