Grant has been celebrating Haloween for the last week with his new rubberbands (yes, this is the type of thing I did when I was 8 and had braces, but he insists :)
We really had no plans but Grant came home last week saying that his co-residents and him were going to do a Wizard of Oz theme. So, we went out to try to find something easy and cheap for a lion costume. We found a hoody that was fuzzy on the inside, so he wore it inside out, and then we sewed on some extra fur and ears...and attached a tail to the bottom. Not the best lion I've seen but I think he's pretty cute :)
Nothing better to instill trust in your patient than fuzzy ears and facepaint ;)
I wasn't sure if I would dress up, but after I heard a commerical for $2 burritos at Chipotle if you're wearing a costume, I thought I would whip something up....
It was my first time using "freezer paper" to make a stencil and I was
actually really impressed with how well it worked! I printed out what I
wanted to have on the shirt, traced it onto the freezer paper, used an Exacto and scissors to cut out the "stencil", ironed it on to the
shirt...and then painted it!
And I'm sure you all got it with the costume...but just in case... :)







Ahhh! So excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear more. Our kids will only be about 6 months apart :) I'll talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute. You guys look really great! Love the skeleton and the cute little lion.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteBEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this skeleton idea. Wish pinterest had been around when I was prego during halloween!
You are going to be the coolest parents and this baby is going to be DA BOMB. CONGRATULATIONS!
I'M SCREAMING THROUGH MY FINGERS!
PS-also love that Chipotle inspired the desire to make the costume.
How excited is Grant?! For real!!
AGH!
Yay! Congrats! So excited for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. Super exciting!
ReplyDeleteI went to text you and then (thankfully for you) remembered that there is a three hour time difference! As much as you love me, I'm sure a text at 6:42 AM wasn't something you'd appreciate. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so ridiculously exciting. Y'all are going to be the best parents eva'.
ReplyDeleteYay!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYYYEEEAAAHHH!!! That's so exciting!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That is super exciting!! What a fun way to announce it.
ReplyDeleteYAAAA congrats!!
ReplyDeletecongrats great news
ReplyDeletetaryn!!!! greatest news ever. so so so so happy for you both! hope you're feeling good!!
ReplyDeleteLove you post--such a cute idea and congrats!! You are going to be the cutest prego lady EVER!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the shirts you did. So clever!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your costume!! And I love your announcment! It was sooo cute! Congrats again. So so thrilled for both of you guys!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Excited you have spilled the beans! Your shirt turned out so awesome and to say I am excited for a little Layton would be the biggest understatement of the century! What a lucky little baby to join your family :)
ReplyDeleteJust love this!!! I am so happy for you guys. You are always so creative! I can't wait to chat!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a cute way to tell everyone. So exciting!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwee! Congrats! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteTaryn! Ahhh! I am so excited for you guys! I couldn't be smiling bigger right now. What a lucky baby to be joining your family. I really need to get out there. I was thinking spring, so maybe I will have to make it May again (the last 2 years I have done my cali trip in May).
ReplyDeleteI love the costumes. Can't wait for more updates:)
What happy news! If you need or want ANYTHING let me know! Can't wait to hear more, we ought to come out and visit again soon!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!! We are so excited for you guys! What a clever Halloween costume and way to make the announcement! You guys are going to make such great parents!
ReplyDeleteBest announcement I can remember seeing!! (I'm old though; I don't remember much. :) This is very good news!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! You will be such a great mom! Can't wait to hear all of the updates!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Taryn and Grant!! We are more than excited for you guys. Can't wait to add this little one to all of our future adventures together. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteTaryn I know it probably seems strange for me to leave a comment on your blog after all this time, but I check in from time to time to see what you're doing and I'm thrilled for you two! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteShayna White
I have to send a congratulations to you guys! You'll make great parents. And Grant, braces are looking good. Hope the residency is treating you well, miss you all.
ReplyDeleteTravis