Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Grant's birthday weekend

Well since Grant's birthday was on a Monday (and happened to be the day I went back to work-yes, I went back to work just for a couple weeks), we decided to celebrate over the weekend. We started at Cafe Hanon on Saturday morning with Mike and Alexa. As always, it was awesome. 
Had to document the cutest cappuccino ever and Rowan ate all the sugar cubes :) 
They had a special with coconut cream and tropical fruit pancakes. 
Then we headed out to one of our favorites spots on this island, Maeda Flats. It was a gorgeous day for paddle boarding. These are the days that I never want to move. (then I remember all the reasons that I still do want to move ;)


Sunday night we celebrated with Beef and Broccoli for dinner (it was a new recipe in the crockpot and it was delicious and so easy).  And then...Grant's favorite, lemon cake! It is so lemony and yummy. Rowan LOVES blowing out candles, so was very excited to help :)
And Tuesday, some people from work bought him an ice cream cake to eat at work and then a mango cake to bring home and share with us. So, we celebrated again on Tuesday :) It was a late night since it was after work, but Rowan wasn't going to complain about eating more cake and blowing out candles.
Happy 35 to my best friend. I love you Grant!

1 comment: