I think we are starting to feel how near the end of our time in Okinawa is, so we are trying to use our days off to do all those things that for 2 years we've said we'll do "someday before we leave". Now is someday! On Grant's last day off of the holiday schedule, we ventured to Okinawa World. Alexa joined us because it is one of her favorite places to visit...and we love the company!
First stop was the habu museum and show. Habu are very poisonous snakes, somewhat common on Okinawa. Grant is kind of bummed he hasn't seen one yet, and I'm relieved that I haven't. There have been sightings (and killings) right on our street, so they really area everywhere. We got to learn a little bit more about them here though, along with a few other kinds of snakes.
At the end of the show, they let you take pics with this awesome python. Rowan wanted to hold it but was also a little scared (and refused to hold it by himself when we tried after our family photo :) Boden looks a little unsure here but he was all about it. He petted it and then grabbed it and put his whole mouth on the snake! I wish we had gotten a picture of it (I'm sure someone in the audience did because they were all taking pictures of our blonde family photo) :)
Besties :)
Then we had some lunch and explored this enormous cave! I've been in a few caves and this was by far the biggest I've seen.
And then we walked through the village...watched glass blowing, ate some dried fruit, looked in some shops, etc.
Feeling good on the feet :) Rowan loved it, Grant couldn't even make it to the end.
Thinking about life while touching the moss and eating his mango
And then the brewery and distillery where they make habu sake. Look at this vat full of snakes. So gross. Definitely not a tempting beverage ;)
We had a great day and it was fun to see several little pieces of the Okinawa culture we've been fortunate enough to learn about for the past few years :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment