Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sunrise dolphins and the journey to Ubud

When you look up things to do in Lovina, dolphin watching is always at the top of the list. So, we decided this would be the perfect way to end our stay in northern Bali. The tour began at 6am, and they picked us up right on our beach outside our house. Love that we can be picked up on a boat AT the house, pretty cool. It was still pretty dark when we took off, but very soon after setting out into the ocean, the sun started to rise and lit of the sky. It was beautiful! The boats were not what I was expecting but just added to the experience, I loved it despite the fact that I think they had lawnmower engines :)
 And before getting too far out, the dolphins started appearing! I was excited to see dolphins, but didn't realize that we would see as many as we did. It was unreal how many there were and how close they were to our boat!
 They were even doing fun tricks for us!
View of the row of villas by ours.
We then did a little more swimming in the irresistible pool and playing at the beach before packing up our things and waiting for our driver to pick us up.
Of course Boden had to get his last taste of the Bali black sand...which looked extra creepy in his mouth :)
 And then there was playing with this huge rhinosaurus beetle, that just minutes after this Boden stuck completely in his mouth. I looked over and all I see is the eyes and tiny little rhino horn on the front of his head sticking out of Boden's mouth. I definitely freaked out a little bit!
 And then we said goodbye to our amazing staff. We had so much fun with them all! I would totally stay here again :)
We left Lovina thinking that even if our vacation was over at that time, we would have been completely content with our vacation! It was SO much fun! It was the perfect mix of relaxation and adventuring.
The driver who picked us up was the driver from our next house, and he had a fun little trip planned for us on our way to Ubud. We drove through some beautiful areas, little Balinese villages with tiny fruit stands and then lunch with this amazing volcano view! It looks fake!
From there we stopped at a little coffee plantation. Dom did some coffee tasting and we learned more about the famous Luwak poop coffee.
And finally, we arrived at our home for the duration of our vacation! In both cases, it was crazy to actually see the houses in real life since we had been staring at the AirBNB photos on line for months :)
This home had 4 bedroom and bathroom suites with 2 outdoor kitchen and living room areas. It was a little bit harder to be social in this home which I didn't like as much, but it was still a fun house. There were differences too in that they only provided breakfast instead of every meal.
We spent some time swimming in the afternoons after sightseeing and enjoyed the huge geckos that were everywhere!
That first day we decided to go for a walk and see what there was around our house. There was a cute cafe, lots of rice fields surrounded by coconut palms. I LOVED the rice with coconut trees, so much tropical looking beautiful green.
We had made it to Ubud and were ready for the rest of our vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment