
There is a tortilla hiding at the bottom...for best results, use the "cook it yourself" kind from Costco, but if you can't find that just heat up a normal one and melt a little cheddar on top!Layer 1: Black beans straight for the can, warmed in the microwave (probably not too authentic)
Layer 2: Cilantro lime rice (see below)
1 TBSP butter
2 TBSP lime juice (fresh is best but bottled is good)
1 cup rice
1-3/4 c water
3 TBSP chopped cilantro (or more)
Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
Add lime and rice, fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and cook, covered, until finished.
Stir in cilantro.
Layer 3: Sweet pork1 cup Pace salsa
1 cup brown sugar
pork sirloin roast
Combine in crock pot and cook until shreds easily (4-5 hours on high)
And the world (or at least Utah) famous, House Dressing (this really was VERY similar to the real thing.)CAFE RIO SALAD DRESSING
1 1/3 cups sour cream (I used fat free)
3/4 cup mayonnaise (I used low fat)
1 bunch of cilantro
1 package ranch dressing mix
4 tbsp. salsa verde (green salsa)
2 cloves of garlic
1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce (I used the mild green kind)
juice of one lime
Mix together in the blender... and that's it!
And if you're wondering if it was good...here is the proof (don't worry, the plate was totally empty by the end of dinner).
Try it out and let me know what you think, any changes, suggestions, etc. Make sure to get some cinnamon mints for when you're finished :)
let me just say - you are amazing! i can not believe what you have done to your house! i can barely handle arranging the furniture i have and here you guys go building additions, ripping stuff up, putting stuff in... i am impressed and it looks wonderful. when does dental school start? how are you liking kentucky? i found your blog through andrea's. hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteI will be trying this recipe for sure. The Costco here in PA doesn't carry the fresh tortillas and I've been missing them like crazy. I'll let you know how the recipe turns out for me!
ReplyDeleteYumm, I would like to try this recipe asap - I will let ya know when I do. The lime rice looks like nothing I have ever made before, but it looks amazing! I don't have the fresh tortillas here either. I have submitted several requests in the Costco drop box for them, but nobody seems to know what they are missing.
ReplyDeleteFYI: I have been trying to add your blog to the list of friends on my blog since forever ago, but it will not do it. I don't know what my blog has against your blog, but I need to work that out:)
ReplyDelete