Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Feeling a lot like summer

The air is getting humid, the temperature hot, Grant's class schedule is dwindling, and our house is in construction mode again. We ripped the bathroom apart, the vanity is now in the carport and we are using the other shower, and we decided to facelift the fans while we were at it.

This fan is the only original thing left in the living room, and it was a terrible reminder of what the house used to look like. Yesterday morning the fan looked like this:
And last night, it looked like this!
Buying a new fan would probably have been easier, but we updated both this fan and the one in our bedroom for about $6 total and a couple hours. Makes SUCH a big difference!

*Stay tuned for bathroom pics in the upcoming days/weeks... it will take a bit longer than our projects last summer because Grant is technically still in school and has a few classes and tests to study for and I am working more hours, but we are devoting the rest of our time to getting it done ASAP!

6 comments:

  1. Wow that really did make a huge difference. I am so impressed with all of your projects! I wish I could see your house in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you change the gold to silver? Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 AM

    I've had the most fun catching up on your blog this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new fan, we want to do that to ours, but I was worried about the paint getting into places where it shouldn't be-how did you do it? Did you tape it off or just sprayed everything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are awesome, as usual. Can't wait to see bathroom pic's!

    ReplyDelete