Monday, December 23, 2013

SEVEN super months

This has been a busy month for our happy little guy. He has grown leaps and bounds as far as gross motor development goes! This month he learned to crawl, sit (including in his high chair and the shopping cart), and pull himself up to stand. He also started solids and is doing pretty well with them ;) He eats the green stuff (but looks a little grossed out with each bite) and LOVES sweet potatoes and squash. He also had some shaved ice the other day and I've never seen him so excited to eat anything before!  At his doctor's appointment last week he was 16 lbs 10 oz (13th percentile) and 43rd percentile for height. He's the perfect size, I love his cute little body :)
Here is just a sampling of some adorable photos of our little man from this month!
Here's the month in review...it may not seem like it from the volume of photos in this post, but I actually tried to be selective :)
Outtake from our Christmas shoot :) Illustrating what he does with everything he gets his hands on...yum!
 Love the days he wakes up happy...a sure sign of the beginning of a good day.
 One day I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden heard Rowan sucking vigorously on something so got nervous, wondering what he got a hold of. I look over and see that he has tipped over my diaper bag and was sucking on the bottle hanging out the end of it. So funny.
 Perusing the Pottery Barn Kids catalog making his Christmas list...or eating the paper (one of his favorite things :)
 "Who you calling Elf?" His hair has also grown a lot this month. So cute and fuzzy :)
 "Hey mom"
I call this "Business Rowan" Looks like a little guy working on his powerpoint presentation or something. I was pretty excited that he started fitting in his 6-12 month clothes because he has a lot of cute ones :)
I LOVE his eyes. Besides his hair, his eyes are definitely the most commented on feature of him. They are a big and piercing blue, gorgeous.
Poor little guy got his normal vaccinations plus the flu shot at his appointment this month. He did really well, held his breath during the shots (his usual) and then cried for just a minute. Like always, he got a pretty high fever about 12 hours later...but we've learned to just enjoy the cuddling and he's a champ about taking Tylenol.
First trip to the library while we waited for dad in his woodshop class...Rowan liked to pull the books out and stand up on all the bookcases.
Playing with everyday objects are way more fun than toys...Trader Joe's peanut butter cups...yum! The doctor did give Rowan the go ahead to eat anything (the new research shows that waiting to introduce foods doesn't prevent food allergies) so I guess he got excited to be able to have peanut butter :)
I think he started crawling just to be able to get to the presents under the tree! Luckily, we have a palm tree so don't have to worry about him pulling off ornaments or playing with the tree, but the presents are just too enticing!
Learned to open the entertainment sliding doors, pull out his books and then stand up on it...I have to keep an even closer eye on him these days. Yesterday he was playing on the floor of the kitchen while I made cookies and look down to see him shoveling cookie dough into his mouth. I did NOT realize I had dropped any, but he was seriously eating it as fast as he possibly could!
First trip to the park!
Christmas Sunday outfit!
We are so grateful to have this little guy in our family. He is a constant source of entertainment and brings us so much joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment