Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dorm room life.

Well, my my family made the 10 hour drive out to Utah on Friday to drop off Holly for her senior year at BYU and Karleigh for her freshman year! So crazy. When I left for college Karleigh was 11 so in some ways I still think of her that age. I have gotten a chance to know her better in hanging out during vacations, etc. but I am sad that I am no longer in Provo to live in the same city with her again for the first time in 7 years.

In talking to her yesterday and thinking about my own experience setting up my dorm room, meeting new people, starting school, etc. I decided I would post a few pictures of what my dorm room at DT looked like...
Things that have changed since I went to college:
-Karleigh has a sink in her room and walls that aren't cinder block
-Holly is there to show her the ropes, but it also means that she won't always have $75 on her dining plus card because she'll have to share :)
-Our computers cost about the same amount but as you can see, in the above picture, mine is a huge monitor that takes up the whole desk (which was awesome at the time) and Karleigh just purchased a stylish pink Dell laptop.
-Karleigh will have a car to share with Holly (luckily Jenny hooked me up with many a rides in the miata!)
-she doesn't have to leave her cell phone at home for mom to use

Things that I am sure will remain the same:
-tears will be shed when my parents leave
-freshmen GE classes will always be boring
-it will still be weird that your FHE "mom" and "dad" are your age
-the Morris/Cannon center food will taste the same... chicken cordon bleu every fast Sunday :)

I love you Karleigh...good luck with school. You're going to do awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, hot stuff. I remember that sweet computer and how we would burn cds. Do people even burn cds anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though Nate was home today, I think I have finally hit the boredom level high. We had better find, some inexpensive, not far away, not too energy consuming (only for the pregnant one) things to do, otherwise I may just show up at your home, to sit over there and watch TV just to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh such good memories. I don't know how we survived in those tiny little rooms! Seems so crazy it was so long ago! Dang good thing you were on my floor and in all of my classes or else I would never have survived! I miss you guys being here in Utah. We want to head up to the canyon and make a bonfire this weekend and we want you guys to come :(

    ReplyDelete