Happy first day of fall! Fall is such a wonderful season, the leaves change, the air gets a little colder but not too cold, fall fashions come out, horse race season begins, and I get to start wearing jeans again :) Don't get me wrong, I love the shorts and flip flops of summer, but I'm feeling
sort of over them right now. Grant started school 2 full months ago so it's felt like it was supposed to be fall long ago. I am SO excited for jeans, cute shoes, layering shirts and light sweaters. Unfortunately, it was 85 degrees today but at least I know fall weather has got to be coming soon. My fall Nordstrom catalog arrived in the mail last week and has gotten me excited for Christmas shopping already. Thanks to my wonderful mom, Christmas shopping is on my mind just about all year long, it's never too early to buy.
The next great thing about today is the beginning of "National Stay at Home Week" meaning all of the season premieres. The worst part of summer TV is the reruns. Among my favorite shows are House, The Office and Law and Order SVU (and PS loved Mariska Hargitay's yellow dress at the Emmy's last night) . I of course will be watching (or DVRing to later watch) several others but I am especially looking forward to those. And I don't want to hear it, no I don't watch 24, and no I can't start now because I have about 500 hours of seasons past to catch up on first. That will have to wait for a day (or year) when I'm really bored.So... Happy Monday! (first day of fall and National Stay at Home Week) :)
I usually have to wear long pants to work, so unfortunately my wardrobe hardly changes year round. When it gets cold in December I might break out my pea coat a few times :)
ReplyDeleteFall is my favorite season weather-wise. Unfortunately, I live in FL which means I won't feel cooler weather til the end of October...if I'm lucky. I LOVE jeans and light sweaters or 3/4 length jackets. Let's see who's weather gets fallish faster. :)
ReplyDeleteDid you watch House tonight? I couldn't watch it for awhile because it scared me, but now I love it!
ReplyDeleteHey sorry I've been kinda lame at getting back to you lately! Things have been a little crazy over here with the new baby and all. Still trying to get the hang of it. I don't still have those questions from my baby shower- sorry! I'm sure you can come up with some good ones though.
ReplyDelete*Gasp* I loved Mariska Hargitay's yellow dress at the Emmy's too! My new favorite show is SVU, I watched all the re-runs this summer.
ReplyDelete