Thursday, November 06, 2008

Halloween and Melly's shower!

I had the opportunity to go to Virginia/DC this weekend to hang out with my friend Melly (we met at BYU 7 years back playing lacrosse at BYU and then coaching Orem High together) and her family. Melly lives in Canada now so I never get to see her, but she was going home for her baby shower and I thought 2 states away was better than another country for visiting. I made Melly's wedding cake and her family apparently fell in love with my cake making, so I quickly made myself comfortable in their kitchen and got baking. Cake for the shower, cupcakes for Patty's birthday...yum!
Baking in my 80s get-up...don't worry, this was Halloween night, I haven't started wearing this costume all the time!
The final product... lemon cake, lemon cream and pudding filling, vanilla frosting and white chocolate ganache...and of course, the cute little baby shoes on top!
And...the end of my 80s outfit pictures, I know you're all sick of them now. Last one! Happy Halloween until next year.
I will work on blogging the rest of my trip in the upcoming days. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. now that gas prices are so low how about a trip to the Norfolk area? Not as fun as summer time when you could go to the beach, but we do have nice days.... you are welcome any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cakes! What a talent and those cute baby shoes:) I love the 80's attire and am so sad to admit I actually wore a few similar items since I was a teenager in the late 80's. I hope many of those clothes NEVER come back into style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had SUCH a fun time. We miss you already!! Thanks for slaving away in mom's kitchen. You're the best! I think you should always bake in neon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:56 PM

    The shower cake was a work of art, and my birthday cupcakes so tasty. Thanks for baking on your holiday to visit us. We had a wonderful time having you with us, and we can't wait until you come again. xo

    ReplyDelete