It was one day later than tradition, but we got our Christmas tree yesterday. We were planning on going to a farm and cutting one down like my family did every year as I was growing up. We would drive up to Apple Hill, cut down a tree, drink hot apple cider and eat apple fritters and then come home and get the house ready for Christmas. After 2 failed attempts to find a farm here that was open this weekend, we opted to look around for another option. Lowe's won our business again. I hate to buy a tree there over a local farmer or someone who might otherwise need our money more right now, but the fact is, Lowe's had the best looking trees at the cheapest price and we're not rich enough to afford more right now. It was a surprise to learn that none of the varieties of tree I am used to grow over here. When we asked if they had noble firs the response we got was "Oh no, they only have those 'out west.' Those are the most beautiful trees though, I wish we could get them here."
Placing the star on top!

Tucked away in its little corner by the fireplace. It smells like Christmas!
This crazy little guy was always on Grandma Rose's tree. I inherited him a couple years ago, Grant thinks it's scary but I think it's awesome. He has the most prominent position on the tree!
Pucker up, the kissing ball hangs below the light as you walk in the front door.
We cozy up by the fireplace cause "baby it's cold outside."
Presents! Thanks mom!
Our stockings are hung on the table with care...the nativity is taking up the mantle (below).
Our "Dr. Seuss" looking guys...Pier 1 knows what they're doing. Some of our favorites!
And...it wouldn't be December without the advent calendar. Hopefully the elves remember to stop by tonight and put some candy in! Hint, hint.
And a final, eve of December 1st thought...last year we went to bed this night praying to have emails from at least one dental school saying we'd been accepted. And, our wish came true. To all of our friends applying this year, GOOD LUCK!
I love your tree & decorations!!!! I obviously need to go shopping because many of my decorations are old school, and not cool old school. I will never part with the sentimental stuff however and think the ornament you inherited is awesome.
ReplyDeleteSo cute Taryn, was it fun decorating a new space this year?
ReplyDeleteYour tree and decorations look great!! I am impressed at your tree knowledge. We just decorated too and it made me so happy :) Miss u and can't wait to see you when you come to Utah!
ReplyDeleteTo go along with our tradition of somehow always buying the same stuff... I have the "this home believes" sign, and the thing on your mantle from pier one that has four wire trees with bells (know what I'm talking about?)! What can I say... great minds think alike!
ReplyDeleteI don't know why I have a tear in my eye reading your blog this morning. You know how to cozy up a house for Christmas. I love the sign above your mantle -- your house believes all kinds of good things!
ReplyDeleteHooray for the elf ornament! I love mine too, it's one of the things I am most sentimental about from that house.
ReplyDeleteI proudly hang my elves in the front too! I love the Rose ornaments we inherited, even one of those birds...I think it might only have one eye, but I love it anyway! I love your decorations and I wish I had a live tree but supposedly Chris is allergic to sap...hmmm.
ReplyDeleteyour house is so cute. it inspires me to actually put away my halloween/thanksgiving decorations and get my christmas decorations out. yes, i realize its dec. 5th! sorry i've been such a lame blogger lately. i'm working on getting some new pics up but having some camera trouble. thanks for keeping me in check!
ReplyDeleteYour house is so dang cute! Maybe we should trade or something.
ReplyDeleteWow! Taryn what an adorable house! and your decorating is amazing i feel like i'm walking into a pottery barn or something. merry christmas!
ReplyDelete