Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 things...(yes, I was tagged on facebook)

Well this took me ridiculously long to do so I figured I'd post it here as well as on facebook. And Lisa, this is going to have to count for your honesty tag :)

1. I am economically internally conflicted. I am very much half my dad (the saver, frugal, “economist”) and half my mom (who loves to shop, is totally extravagant for holidays, etc). I love the combination and balance that they provide in our family, but it makes for a hard internal struggle within myself sometimes.

2. I was obsessed with Nancy Kerrigan in 6th grade. Totally weird I know, but the whole Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal intrigued me. I even wrote a letter to her and had a friend in Boston hand deliver it to a diner that she often ate in.

3. I got in my first car accident my senior year of high school. Totalled my sweet MPV van. Luckily it was in no way my fault but I was driving 2 girls that weren’t allowed to be off campus at lunch or in a car with a teenage driver…oops.

4. I absolutely love the ocean. I’m pretty sure I could spend an endless number of days lying on the sand, playing Smashball, boogie boarding, and surfing. My friends and I spent many nights in the ocean outside our house in Hawaii.

5. I made a competitive/traveling soccer team when I was 10, Davis Revolution, and played on the same team until I was 17. Our first, 1st place tournament was Ukiah Halloween Classic in 1993. I still have the shirt and like to wear it. Grey with a witch on a broomstick flying over a soccer ball moon.

6. When I’m upset I don’t like talking about it, but I can’t get over it until I do. I like to brew about it for awhile and then by the time I get it out I’m pretty much over it.

7. Because of Grant, I know WAY more about cars than I ever thought I would do. I was more sad than him when we sold his 65 mustang before we got married.

8. I have a weird fear of being hit while crossing the street. It’s not really a legitimate fear, I just think about it often when crossing in a crosswalk, that I will cross an angry driver and they will step on the gas right as I get in front of them. Weird I know.

9. Whenever it snows I think, “I don’t drive in snow, I’m a California driver.” And then I realize that 7 of my 9 driving years were spent living in snow. Yes, I know how to drive in snow! My first snow driving experience was in Jenny’s Miata, fishtailed a little in the left hand turn lane but got it under control. Jenny also taught me to beware of bridges and overpasses

10. I love anatomy. Cadavers freak some people out but I think it is so fascinating how the human body works.

11. Two of the three sports I played in high school, had skirts as part of the uniform (lacrosse and field hockey). Kind of random after growing up playing soccer (in shorts of course) my whole life, but in a way I really liked it! Made for cute “wear your uniform to school” days!

12. I went on a drug deal (not on purpose) with our car mechanic in Hawaii (see Jenny’s story for why we needed a mechanic). His name was Kilo (we should have guessed he was a dealer) and we feared for our lives enough to call Sean and let him know where we were and who we were with in case something happened. He did buy us “ice cold coconut milk” from a stand on the side of the road which we had been wanting to try…it was disgusting.

13. I hate bananas and raw tomatoes…I have tried to like them, but I just can’t. I am however obsessed with ketchup.

14. I graduated from college in 3.5 years, couldn’t wait to be done, and about a year later wished that I was back in school.

15. I cried (and I don’t cry easily or often) when I saw the “Welcome to Utah” sign when I was moving to Provo for school. I still at that point was not sure why I was moving to Utah, going to BYU, etc. It turned out to be a good thing in the end but was a decision I obviously was not quite at peace with when I moved out.

16. I hate watching movies. It bores me. I can stand it if I have a Chipotle burrito, a diet coke and a bag of candy (in the theater), or at home because I can bake, clean, craft, etc. I have a very hard time just sitting and watching a movie though!

17. I had the pictures of the inside of my knee posted on my fridge for a year after my surgery because I thought it was so cool.

18. Thanks to Karrie and Jenny, I love working out again. I really do love working out, running, walking, playing, etc. but for some reason it is still hard to find the motivation without some good friends pushing you along! Thanks guys!

19. I’m pretty sure that I didn’t attend an entire day of school my entire senior year of high school. I ditched at least 1 period every single day but still got a 4.0.

20. I learned to ride a 2-wheel bicycle the day before I turned 4.

21. I love weddings…mostly planning them. The nitty gritty details like place cards, ribbon, cake décor, etc are my favorite parts!

22. I have never lived in San Diego but with vacations throughout my life have spent a total of about a year there!

23. In junior high and high school I had a pair of J. Crew flip-flops to match every single outfit that I had! I always said that I would get married in flip-flops, and I did.

24. I only like camping if it’s on the beach… and the site has real bathrooms and warm showers.

25. Just recently I started eating pizza with the cheese still on it. Thanks to Anna I started picking cheese off my pizza in high school and just recently realized that I enjoy the cheese, but too much does make me sick. I would never order extra cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment