Thursday, April 02, 2009

Our new mode of transportation...

Some of you might say, "Don't they already have a yellow scooter?" Well the answer would be yes, but in riding to school for the first semester on it, Grant realized he really needed something a little bigger. We contemplated a smaller cheaper car or something like that, but Grant will never drive to school because of parking, so another bigger scooter seemed the obvious choice. We like the scooter over a motorcycle because of all the storage and comfort. It's fun to ride around on, and we are ready for the weather to stay nice!
Our old scooter definitely served us well for our first almost 5 years of marriage, but its time has come to an end. We splurged for an actual Vespa and it really is amazing how nice it is. There are so many random fun features!There are some random stickers on it that we will slowly have to replace with our own to personalize it.
The guy we bought it from took amazing care of it, bought all the accessories and now we get to benefit from them. One is the top case which gives us an awesome amount of storage for helmets, groceries, etc. And, the best feature is the back rest it provides for the person riding on back. Grant doesn't love the look but it adds enough comfort and function that it's worth it.
Digital gauges and a speedo that goes up to 100 mph. I'm pretty sure it tops out at around 85 but that is much faster than I ever need to go on a scooter so it's ok :) We did take it on the freeway through Charlotte, NC the other day, and it was "rock solid."
He also inserted a 12-volt accessory for the GPS on our road trips. We used it to get to Jack in the Box the other night :) It will also be helpful when Grant forgets to charge his cell phone at night so he can charge it on the way to school.

One of my other favorite features, the grocery bag holder. Now I can pack my Whole Foods bags full of yummy groceries and make it home without worrying about them ending up all over the street.
For Christmas Grant and I got wind proof jackets, his is Black Marmot and mine is white North Face, and we bought new helmets the other day, Grant's black and mine white (which was totally coincidence that I noticed the other day and thought was cool). Make sure to wave when you see us cruising around on our new cute scoot :)

17 comments:

  1. Check that out. Looks fun!! I'm jealous, I want a scooter for the nice weather. And North Carolina?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! That thing is awesome! I have always wanted a true Vespa. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it you guys didn't go out of town? Sucky! Love the new moto though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really missed seeing you guys! Hope you plan another trip this way sometime soon. Cute VESPA

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word: Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Vespa. My favorite color too. Who drives it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:00 PM

    Love the color! Love the Vespa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Grant are brave to take it on the highway! I don't think I'd be able to drive it about 30 mp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Vespa! And so perfect that it is yellow. We loved the grocery bag hook on ours and used it ALL the time. Love the helmet holder too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Taryn! I didn't know you were in the blog world! well, i saw your name on ashley's page and thought i'd click and say hello. i'm gonna save you under my friends so i don't lose you! love your new mode of transport...we are thinking of getting one too! (your fellow transcription friend...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH NO YOU DIDN'T !!!!
    i'm drooling. I had so many happy days on my vespa but i sold i back to Tyler about a year ago.

    Is it a Grandisimo? (sp) i bet you'll love it more everyday-
    simply BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you guys are pretty much the coolest people I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes we did Rachelle, sorry. I remember yours it was red and I was very envious. It's not a GT it's the newer GTS so it's a 250 not a 200.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya'lls blog is so entertaining....Love the old boyfriend in the bumble bee outfit and love Aunt Granny. LOVE IT ALL!! I'm Marlena, we haven't met yet, but I'm lookin forward to meetin you one day. I'll be checkin out your blog often, so just wanted you to know before you thought you had a stalker from AZ on your blog.

    ReplyDelete