Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mommy's 1st baby shower :)

Yesterday I was privileged to have my baby shower! My cousin Breanne was so sweet to offer to plan the entire thing, and my aunt Cindy offered up her house to host. We were able to plan it around the week my parents were here for my dad's spring break so my mom could attend. And then, Grant's parents decided to come over for the weekend so Grant's mom was also able to attend!
As always, the home was set up beautifully and in perfect style for my shower.
Favors were different flavors of Sprinkles cupcakes...the individual boxes were so cute!
 I ate way too much (somehow, even though I know my baby is getting really big, my stomach does not seem to have shrunk)! A lot of people say in their third trimester they get full after eating a few bites of food...that has definitely not happened to me yet :)

I had cousins and aunts from both my mom and dad's sides and also a few friends from up here in Oceanside. It was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed our delicious spread out in the backyard! (probably my favorite part of the house :)
Then came present time. I have never thought of myself as a good "present opener". I know that sounds a little weird but it just isn't my talent. I have friends who I swear can open just about anything and will have you convinced that they have just opened their favorite thing in the entire world (every single time!) I unfortunately don't have that gift, but I am always genuinely excited and SO thankful for the amazing gifts I received! People were way too generous to us...we have one luckily little guy on the way. Luckily for me, even though I don't have the present opening "talent", baby stuff is all so adorable and I loved EVERYTHING I got!
 My friend Lori made these cute little surfboard burpcloths.
 Tiny little onesie, I can't wait to snuggle our little guy in this!
 My mom made this amazing quilt (her first real quilting experience!) It turned out perfect and I am totally in love with it. We made it the right size to use as a comforter on his crib one day when it turns into a toddler bed. In the meantime it will be a fun play place and decoration :)
 The back is a fun under the sea fabric that I picked out online. I wish I could find a fabric store that just carried everything I love, but I'm grateful that there are so many fun selections online.
I'm so grateful to everyone for the kindness and generosity they have shown us and our soon to be new little man. Can't believe that in less than 7 weeks (hopefully), he'll be here! It was weird to say bye to my parents this morning knowing that the next time I see them might be after we become a family of 3!!!

5 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute to everything! Looks like a great shower. That is so smart to make the quilt the right size for the toddler bed. You guys are genius...where were you when I was doing the baby planning?! :) It's already hard for me to believe how little they start out. The onesie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shirt! That shower looked perfect for you: fresh, vibrant and fun. Wish I could have been there!!!! Your mom did a great job on that quilt. Can't wait for little man to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby shower! And that quilt! Amazing! Your mom should sell them! I would buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it was so much fun! Everything looks so pretty-- including you!! The quilt turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great party and a beautiful day to have it on. We've heard it was really nice!

    ReplyDelete