Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wonderful weekend

This weekend was gorgeous! We are in the midst of rainy season, so it's been a little gloomy around here, but we were blessed with some sunshine an  both Grant and I had the entire weekend off, yay! We are also lucky enough to have Grant's mom here with us (she arrived 3 days after my parents left). She agreed to come out and hang out and watch Rowan when I work while Alexa is gone. We were glad we had some nice weather to show her around! Saturday we decided to do a little Yomitan tour (a city on the west side-East China Sea). We started at Maeda tide pools since low tide was in the morning. The tide didn't get as low as normal so we didn't have great luck finding things, but still had a lot of fun! The blue sky with the white puffy clouds is my favorite!

 Next stop was Cape Zanpa and the lighthouse. We have actually only been all of the way out to the lighthouse one other time, and it was dark, so this was a fun new experience for us too!
 The water was so blue (deep) and clear. There were several men fishing and you could see the fish swimming around below them. We finally saw them pull in a few fish by the end.
 Next stop was one of my favorite little beaches. It is gorgeous, small and very private. There was one other couple there (she was very pregnant and when we inquired said that it was her due date. I told her I'd probably (hopefully for her :) see her again later this week!) I sort of hate seeing the ridiculous number of pregnant people there are on this island...makes me realize that work is NEVER going to slow down :)
 Next stop...Torii beach for some fun in the fountain and Subway for lunch :) Rowan loved it the first time we went, but that was nothing compared to his enjoyment this time! It was SO fun to watch him. He just ran circles around the fountain trying to go through each squirt of water. It was so cute. He's much more confident on his feet now which I think made a big difference.
 Then we headed to the Yomitan Pottery Village where there are several stores/houses full of hand-made pottery for sale. There was some gorgeous stuff, but most of it more than I cared to spend :)
 By this point we were definitely heating up, so thought some shaved ice was in order...
 Then we went to Elephant Rock...and Rowan showed us what he would like like as a goya :)
 And headed to dinner at Cafe DokaDoka (one of our favorites ;) The view and building are both amazing. After we sat down they alerted us that they were out of pizza (the only thing we really like there), so we just hung out for a little while enjoying the ambiance, and then headed back to Hungry Tacos for dinner :)
 This little guy has a molar coming in and late in the day developed a pretty high temp, so was a cute little cuddler, I loved it but felt bad for him. This also illustrates a little bit of the humidity we had endured throughout the day. My hair is a curly/poofy MESS! It's going to be a long summer, but if we can have lots of days like this I will be very happy!
Sunday, we went to church in the morning, hung out awhile at home and then decided we needed to get out and enjoy the gorgeous weather with a beach walk. We had a wonderful breeze all weekend which helped make the humidity tolerable!
We took a little drive up 58 to Nago Citizen Beach, a beach I really like that Rowan and I discovered while we were out exploring a few months back.
 He found this shell at the very beginning of the walk and held onto it the entire time! Love his hair blowing in the wind in this picture too :)
 So fun for parents to visit, glad Rowan gets to hang out with both Grandmas in 1 month! Lucky kid ;)
 He already has good handwriting ;)
 Drove through the rice paddies on the way home. I've lived hear rice fields my whole life, but have never really looked at them so up close and personal. Fun to see it be harvested right now!
It was such a perfect weekend. I worked Monday and Tuesday and for the first time since starting work actually felt pretty good about it. I'm getting more comfortable and had 3 deliveries on Tuesday (it was a BUSY day!) It's still hard to be away, but when I enjoy what I'm doing, it makes it a little bit better ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I love how he totally looks like he is cheesing for the camera in the one where he is in the carrier on your back. Also, your eyes are insanely blue in the one with you and him where he isn't feeling too well. I seriously cannot wait to come visit! only 4 more months!

    ReplyDelete