We will definitely miss having them around, as they have been only 2.5 hours away in Bowling Green, but we feel so fortunate to have had them here for our first year in Kentucky. We enjoyed some fun trips together and they would come up and help us work on our house.
So, within a few weeks of deciding to move, they sold their house and bought a new one in Gilbert, AZ.
Grant and I went down last week to help them pack, load and move. It was a big job and I was glad we were able to help!
We went through the sewing/everything room where Grant found these dolls that freaked him out. They were super old. He wouldn't even let his mom give them to Goodwill, make her throw them away!
What is this?!
2 huge empty trucks-luckily we were hyped up on sugar and fat from all the donuts
Some crazy big and heavy furniture. No one got hurt (except for the golf ball welt on Grant's shin) and all the furniture packed in with no damage.
Grant showing off the muscles that packed those trucks...as FULL as they could get (notice the La-Z-Boy on top of the table saw...creative)
Goodbye house...totally empty and clean.
And goodbye Bowling Green!!! Arizona here we come!
We will miss you guys but will look forward to no white Christmases :)
the dolls brought back memories - I think I have one like the large one-- made by Grandma Minnie. I better look in the box of dolls that have been in storage the 17 years we were in Germany - haven't dared open it yet! Nice of you to go help -Ron was talking about their heavy furniture!
ReplyDeleteLooks familar. Thanks for getting us up-to-date. Glad they are doing well.
ReplyDeletePretty sad when you have to read the news in a blog =)! I didn't know they had decided on a place and somehow Tim and Tricia didn't give us the update yesterday. Thanks for keeping us "in the know."=)
ReplyDeleteok, what IS that?!
ReplyDeleteSee, Mary Ellen...lot's of people are doing it.
ReplyDelete