It was a HUGE show, we walked around for 3 hours and still didn't see everything. "Mustang Alley" was full of 100s of Mustangs (old and new). Here is a collage of some of the highlights. Grant wanted to take home the 725 HP Shelby Super Snake and the orange 32 roadster.
Car shows always remind me of our early dating days, when Grant would frequent shows around Utah with his '65 Mustang Fastback. I remember the first time I saw this car was in the Wendy's drive-thru in Provo. We were in my friend's car behind it and Grant's roommate Jake was in the car with us. We pulled up and he said, "Hey, that's Grant in front of us." I obviously thought he was joking, stating that was NOT Grant's car, but I proceeded to get out of the car and go up to his window. The rest is history.... :)Grant's car at a show in Salt Lake.
This car has a lot of memories for us. Grant sold it when we were engaged and I think I was more sad to see it go than he was (even though he was the one who put in countless hours in the garage working on it and painting it with his brother Scott)! A guy from California flew in to buy it. We picked him at the airport, went to a gas station for him to check it out and make sure he wanted to buy it, and then we were on our way back to Provo in the Explorer, and he began his journey across Nevada in the flamed stang!
And it wouldn't be a hot rod without a few pictures with a girl on the hood, right? :) Well I was a little too modest to put on a bikini in my front yard, but here it is not long before it was sold!

It's nice you and Jenifer still get together and talk about how bad you feel that you made us both sell our Mustangs when we got married. :)
ReplyDeleteYou all have been through quite a few cars since you got married. The Mustang definitely was the best though.
ReplyDeletewhat a beauty! i grew up with my dad restoring antique cars. i have my favorites that i definitely get a little teary at when i remember him selling them... how did he ever part with this! it's a beauty, especially with you on the hood...LOL!
ReplyDeleteRemind me again why you guys sold the mustang?! That car rocked!!!
ReplyDeleteWe have pics of Sam in that car when he was a tiny little guy, about 1. We used to go to the car shows with Grant back in the day too. Ah, memories.
ReplyDelete