Sunday, August 09, 2009

Pretty in pink

Two momentous occasions this weekend: I got a new camera!...and I made my first Barbie cake :) So, I've designed this post to show both of those!

I was a hired to do a birthday cake for a 6-year-old's birthday party. She was having a Barbie party and so the logical cake option was the infamous Barbie cake! They invited a lot of people, so she wanted a cake and 3 dozen cupcakes.
Barbie helping me make some vanilla and chocolate cupcakes.
I was definitely happy with how the pictures turned out with the new camera too. My old camera seriously struggled to take pictures in the kitchen. Now, no problems! The color is real and it is focused and zoomed, I love it!Here they all are, baked, decorated, and ready to deliver. I use my huge square cake pans to transport the cupcakes (not pictured here). They occasionally will slide around and touch a little in the car, but I have had good luck transporting them like this. They arrived perfectly.
And here she is, standing in her field of flowers (cupcakes) on the table ready for the party.

13 comments:

  1. It all turned out great!! I think I want a Barbie cake for my birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. so fun!! Exciting about the new camera, the pics do look good.. and I can't handle all your posts about cupcakes and cake. It just makes me crave them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is adorable, I bet it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy, glad you are so creative. Oh and you should make Beth a swimming pool cake, cuz thats all the she does. I thought of that in the middle of the night, fun huh? And then you should just make some extra cupcakes or whatever and give them to meeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Momentous indeed!!! Turned out really cute! What type of camera did you get? We just got a new one too! We got a Canon Rebel XS or something like that-- I feel so official now when I take pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cakes are adorable. Barbie looks better than I have ever seen her. You did a tremendous job. The pics are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Good job. It must have been nice to have Barbie to help! The pictures look good too. I need a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't a fan of Barbie until now. I need a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What kind of camera did you get? I know you have been wanting a DSLR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What the heck? Taryn is there anything you can't do? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so cute! I love the colors! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you make the vanilla cupcakes from scratch? I'm looking for a good recipe and have yet to find one that I like.

    ReplyDelete