Thursday, October 22, 2009
Gotta love birthdays :)
There's just something about a birthday that is fun at any age. I hope I feel like that indefinitely. I even enjoy other people's birthday as much or more than my own! Karrie's b-day was on Tuesday and we had to make it a great day for her. So...on Monday night (way after dark) Jenny and I went to her house, drew with chalk all over the driveway, hung up streamers in front and put signs all over the back doors. Unfortunately we forgot the camera that night, but it was so much fun. I felt like I was in high school again, going out TPing or something, only not as worried about getting caught, but still had that same exciting feeling!
Then of course, it was lunch at Mi Pequena Hacienda, because there's just something special about being serenaded by a group of Mexican men and getting whipped cream shoved up your nose...memories :)

We were lucky enough to have perfect weather too! I little gift for Karrie's b-day since she hates the cold. It was the first day over 70 degrees in a month or so.
Cheers! Dinner at Abuelos...
And it wouldn't be a birthday, without birthday cake! With a birthday so close to Halloween I thought it would be fun to make a candy corn b-day cake. You have to imagine what it looks like when cut into slices (I didn't get a picture), but each slice resembles a candy corn :) So cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh wow. That cake is genius. GENIUS! Please send that to Martha; she will freak out!
ReplyDeleteI love birthdays too! That is such an awesome cake!!
ReplyDeleteThe cake is SO clever!! Yeah for birthdays!
ReplyDeleteTaryn, I just don't know what to say it's your long-lost friend Mel Odell. Holly Moore just moved into our ward so I found your blog and was so happy to catch up on all the good stuff I missed in your life. How are you guys? Matt and I live in Huntington Beach and we have a one-year old son Corban. Life is good! You know you totally inspired me with cakes, I am still not as good as you but I like it. The cake you made is soooo cute. Anyways just wanted to say Hi, lets keep in touch!
ReplyDelete