Monday, June 21, 2010

Extraordinary Desserts

Preface: I met my family in San Diego for the weekend and we had a fantastic time....I will have a few posts to come :)

After dinner in Little Italy downtown one night, we decided to walk down to Extraordinary Desserts. My parents had been there a couple of times and had told us how amazing it was, but I did not understand how truly awesome it was until I went for myself. I loved the building, the decorations, the designs, the location, and especially the desserts!

This post does not need a lot of words... these desserts truly were "extraordinary"!

We each ordered something different and shared...I believe that's how everything is intended to be eaten. That may just be because I have a hard time deciding on anything, but I loved having 5 different flavors to eat from!
My parents, loving their chocolate (and each other)...And then the girls...Karleigh's, Holly's, and mine...The fruit sauces on the plates were probably my favorite parts. I'm not a huge chocolate person, even though that's what I ordered, so I think Holly's, the passion fruit napoleon, was my favorite. Honestly, they were all amazing though!!!
And don't worry...there were leftovers for "breakfast" the next morning :)

9 comments:

  1. Best picture of your dad! And I want to go to that dessert place now, looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well that just figures. There's no way this place could have existed while I lived in San Diego right? Remember that time I took you to Ben and Jerry's in La Jolla for chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream? I had never heard of it and was sure you were mistaken. Now it seems like chocolate chip cookie dough is a staple flavor like vanilla. My favorite is still tin roof sundae though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do remember that trip to Ben and Jerrys :) haha. And I'm pretty sure this is a newer place so no, you didn't miss out on it when you lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks amazing not to mention how delicious the desserts look. The name is a great fit. That kind of breakfast could get me out of bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this place looks awesome! If I could, I would become a pastry chef so I could make little cute dessert like these. They are my favorite. And how fun that you could be out here! I hope you have a fun vacation! Can't wait to see the rest of the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There would be no leftovers for breakfast had I been invited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go back! I was talking about the desserts at work today and I wanted another passion fruit napoleon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad we could all finally go there together. I am thrilled that it met or exceeded your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those desserts look AMAZING. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete