I decided to stop working a few weeks before my due date so I could enjoy some one on one time with Rowan and get things ready for baby! So last week was my first official week of maternity leave (there's a very high probability that I'm not going back afterwards either, but I haven't officially committed to that yet). Twelve hour shifts as a labor and delivery nurse at 35 weeks pregnant can be quite exhausting; however, I think I was more tired after chasing this little guy around all week. We'd do 3-4 mile walks each morning and then take on an adventure (usually the beach).
Or the splash pad...
And then the beach again. The Finlaysons are letting us borrow their awesome Tonka truck and Rowan is SO in love with it. He asks to play with it constantly. After digging in the dirt in our yard for an afternoon and making a complete mess of himself and the yard, I decided it would be a better beach toy!
Instead of our normal walk one day we decided to head to the river where the koinobori are hanging for Children's Day. It was beautiful and a fun change from the "normal" routine.
We played in the yard... (our friends left their sunglasses at our house and I wanted to see if Rowan would actually wear them, and he did!) Channeling his inner Elton John
And then this weekend we got to continue the fun, but with Grant so it was even better ;) Saturday was a little cloudy but the temperature was perfect so we met some friends at the beach, did some paddle boarding and ate lunch there.
And we wore Rowan out...so during his nap I worked on my first "nesting" project...more crib/toddler bed sheets ;) We have a fun fabric store here where I was able to get some really cute fabric. I love how they turned out!
Although the end of pregnancy isn't the most fun, I've been trying to enjoy every moment I have with this guy. I can't help but try to plan out my perfect "plan" for my delivery (when, where, how, who, etc-delivering where I work has some perks but also makes me a little crazy thinking about exactly how I want it to go (although knowing more than anyone that labor goes against everything that is "planned"!) This is an exciting time and I'm hoping to be able to have it be enjoyable and productive :)



No comments:
Post a Comment