When I found out my due date was 3 days after Rowan's birthday, I was immediately concerned that I would deliver on his birthday and they wouldn't each have their own day. Luckily, I don't have to worry about that anymore and today we finally celebrated with a few friends! I decided to wait until my mom and Karleigh were here, and to give myself a couple of weeks after having Boden to collect ourselves and have a successful party.
I tried to keep it pretty simple and small, but I'm still happy with how some of the small cute details turned out, and Rowan sort of got into the excitement.
His favorite part of the party...the "dump truck" cake. We had a bit of a 2-year-old meltdown in the morning when he came down and saw the truck that we didn't let him play with, but he finally got over it.
The hard hats were probably my favorite detail, even though no one kept them on for very long. I thought they turned out pretty cute though :)
Birthday boy!!!
He was pretty excited for his party to start!
So grateful my mom was here to help...she helped me so much with the prep (and telling me to stop trying to do it all because I apparently have a hard time asking for help :)
My crazy little monkey
It's cute that he finally understands what presents are and gets excited to open them :) Alexa and Mike got him this awesome digger.
Kyle teaching the kids some golf
My "vision" was to get a pic of all the kids on the swing with their hard hats on :) In my mind they were all sitting still and smiling...but this was a more realistic view of what kids are really like. Pretty awesome.
When we started to sing happy birthday, he looked up and started dancing, it was adorable. Then he waited for us to finish and blow out the candle. Somehow he knew the drill.
All Rowan cared about was finally getting to play with the dump truck. All his friends gathered round and started eating the candy off of the cake ;)
Thanks to these helpers for coming across the world to celebrate with us!
Birthday party success! It was a tiring day for this little 2 year old, but I think he thoroughly enjoyed his party and I had a great time getting to celebrate with him.
















No comments:
Post a Comment