Saturday, June 06, 2015

Newborn pics

I remember trying to take newborn pictures of Rowan when he was born and it was kind of stressful. I wanted to capture how tiny he was, his cuteness and make the pictures look perfect. Unfortunately, it is HARD to do! However, with a lot of patience and time, we were able to get some good ones. This time, we thought we had learned from our experience with Rowan and things would go smoother and we could get even better pics. Unfortunately this did not happen and I think it was even harder this time given that we also had a 2-year-old running around. With postpartum hormones and feeling like I was wasting time with my precious newborn trying to get perfect photos, I decided to contact a photographer I had done some birth shoots with at work to see if she could squeeze us in. She really didn't have any openings but was kind enough to make room for us just a few days later! 
Just had to post this photo to contrast with the professional ones below :) I feel like I'm pretty rational, don't get crazy when I'm pregnant, etc. but this was a stupid postpartum stress and because of that, paying a professional (Simply Ania) was totally worth it to me...

And sorry about the picture overload, but there were just too many cute ones to choose from!
It was so interesting to be part of the process of a newborn shoot. It requires insane patience, lots of time and not caring about getting poop everywhere! I wish I had a pic of the photographer at the end, she had poop and pee all over her! It wasn't a glamorous process but the results were amazing! 
The hallways in the MICC (where I work) are lined with baby pics of babies who were born at the Naval Hospital. Every time I was at work, I would wish I could have a big framed picture of Rowan to stare at. Unfortunately, Rowan wasn't born in Oki so I couldn't put up a pic...but now that I delivered a baby there, I'm definitely posting a pic to leave my legacy :) Now to decide which one...
ROWAN 2 years, BODEN 9 days 
Rowan really only cooperated for like 4 minutes, but we were lucky enough get these shots!
And it's always nice to get a family photo whenever possible. We're good about taking pictures, because we enjoy it, but it's hard to get a picture of all of us!
Thank you Simply Ania for capturing these amazing photos for us. I will cherish them forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment