Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Mission Bay biking

We have been wanting to bike around Mission Bay for awhile now, so when Grant had a day off and the weather was beautiful, we decided to make it happen. We headed down after breakfast, the bikes and trailer fit great in the back of the van and then parked at a park on the north side of the bay. We took off right away with the intention of playing at a park along the way or when we got back to the car so the kids had something to look forward to. Grant was a trooper and pulled the trailer almost the entire way (I did maybe the last 2-3 miles of an 11 mile loop). It was actually heavier than I anticipated but still doable.
It was such a fun ride! We would love to do it again. There is a small part where you have to go over a bridge and on the street, but most of it is all on the path around the bay.
Kids did great. We loaded them with snacks and they were happy the whole time (Rowan fell asleep about 3/4 through though...which definitely surprised me. I would have expected Boden to sleep if either of them did).
My turn to burn my legs pulling 60 lbs of kid plus the trailer :)
Love getting out with my family for things like this! I hope we can continue to find new fun adventures wherever we live!

No comments:

Post a Comment