A friend had posted a few pics awhile back of them hiking Annie's Canyon Trail and I knew immediately that I wanted to check it out. The Monday that Karleigh was here, Grant had the day off so we headed there first thing in the morning (and it was a perfect day, clear at the coast bright and early!)
We navigated our way through the Solana Beach neighborhood (where I now want to live :) and parked right at the trail head.
We navigated our way through the Solana Beach neighborhood (where I now want to live :) and parked right at the trail head.
This trail has been closed for many years and was full of graffiti, but someone decided they wanted it reopened so a lot of time and money was spent cleaning it up and reopening it to the public. I am grateful, because it was an awesome hike! The canyons are through what they call mushroom caves, and it was definitely a bit of a squeeze in places and I was surprised I made it through with Boden in the backpack on my back, but we did it and it was so fun!
Rowan walked some and rode on Grant's back for some.
Rowan walked some and rode on Grant's back for some.
At the top of a little cave about halfway through the hike. It wasn't a super long hike but a perfect little one for a morning before doing something else.
He was a little hesitant because parts of it you had to climb on the walls, but he loved it once he got over the initial fear.
"CHEESE!"
Stairs to the lookout at the top!
And a breathtaking view of the wetlands and Pacific Ocean!
We took the One-Way loop...definitely the way to go!
Loved this hike, would definitely do it again!













No comments:
Post a Comment