Monday, October 31, 2016

Trunk or Treat

I REALLY hoped that our ward would have a trunk or treat this year. I haven't been able to attend in years past because of work, so I really wanted to experience it with these kids this year. Trunk or treats are the perfect thing for kids this age I think! 
We had the most basic trunk or treat ever, with no dinner or activities or anything, just a kid parade and trunks, but I really can't complain, that's all I wanted and I got it! Last minute I decided that I wanted the trunk decorated cute too so I threw this together and actually surprised myself how good it turned out! (the sky was pretty awesome looking too)
Paper palm trees, Max's boat for a candy bowl, etc. It was fun. Rowan even said, "Thanks for making this cool boat, mom"
Let the wild rumpus start!
They ran around and gathered lots of candy...Rowan is still a little shy about speaking up, but each car he came to he said, "May I please have a trick or treat". Cutest thing ever! (especially because I didn't even tell him to say that!
And when they had gone all the way around, they say in the back and handed out candy :) I honestly think they had as much or more fun doing this!
I was sad we didn't get a pic of the whole family in our "Where the Wild Things are" themed costumes, but hopefully I can get one on Halloween night! Love these cuties!

No comments:

Post a Comment