Friday, December 30, 2016

December happenings

I decided to come home with the kids so we could get back to "normal" before we had family come down for Christmas, etc. Grant was still gone for another 1.5 weeks so we tried hard to stay busy and have fun. The day we got home the weather was awesome so we played outside for a long time! It was perfect (until Boden fell off the wall and had a bloody mouth and I wanted my dentist husband home!)..but all was well. He learned to say a lot of words over these couple of weeks too which was adorable. He likes to say "cheese" whenever you get out a camera :)
 The Finlaysons are awesome and had us over for dinner that night and for FHE to make gingerbread houses! It was so nice to not worry about dinner and to play with friends ;) So glad we are stationed here together!
 The next day was Boden's 18 month appointment. Rowan knew that we were going for Boden, not him, but the minute we pulled in the parking lot, he said, "I don't have a good feeling about this!" I laughed so hard because I'd never heard him say something like that. I asked him why, and he said, "I just don't have a good feeling for Boden." Well the check up went great, he's meeting milestones like he should and has moved UP to 6th percentile for weight and 30th for height. He had to get 2 shots before we left. He of course cried but recovered quickly. Rowan witnessed this just before I decided I was going to be strong and go get our flu shots. We had to go back to the waiting room though and Rowan was adamant about not wanting a shot. I felt bad but we had a good talk about how it was going to make him stronger so he wouldn't get sick. He then replied, "It's ok if I get sick, I'll just throw up in the toilet." haha. He'd rather puke in the toilet than get a shot. Poor guy cried and screamed so much before getting it, but I held onto him and the guy doing the shot was awesome. I'm pretty sure he didn't even feel it because he was so distracted by his own screaming. I let him choose his treat and he decided on Chik Fil A for lunch with an ice cream treat (which he ordered himself).
 We went up to Oceanside a few times to hang out with the Phillips...good friends make everything better!
 You can tell you had a fun day when you get home and look like this...
 There was lots of cuddling...
 And more playing outside...
 And making a mess in the toy room!
One of the highlights was the boat lights parade in the Oceanside Harbor. We met the Phillips for In N Out and Harbor lights...and it was a nice warm night, couldn't have asked for more (except for Grant to have been with us!)
I knew Sunday would be lots of fun with both crazy kids in church by myself. It was crazy but we survived. When they look this cute you can't be mad :)
I am so grateful that I don't have to do this parenting thing alone very often. I'm not cut out for single parenting. Grateful to have a wonderful partner in crime to share in this craziness with. We missed Grant a lot while he was away and were so glad to have him home in time for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment