Friday, December 02, 2016

Marine Corps ball

The Marine Corps ball is a huge deal in the military. Girls obssess for months about dresses and hairs and nails, etc. Really, it's just like grown up prom. This was our first time going to a ball of this size. Previously, we've only ever attended the Dental birthday ball, which is a much small group and less formal affair. Grant thought he had told me about it, but in reality failed to mention it until less than 2 weeks before it. I was not really excited about the idea of going, but he needed to make an appearance and I should have just had a better attitude from the beginning because I can't complain about a night out with my favorite man, but I had to find a dress in less than 2 weeks (thank goodness we weren't in Oki anymore!) and even worse find a babysitter. We haven't been here long enough to really have a pool of babysitters yet and I didn't want to leave them for so many hours with someone brand new. Lucky for us, we have some amazing friends, and Heidi said she would be happy to have them up there for the evening. So, we dropped the kids off in Oceanside and then headed up to Pala Indian Reservation to our event at the casino there. Grant's co-worker Crystal got a hotel room for the night, we were got to get ready in her room which was nice so we didn't have to drive in our fancy clothes :) 
There was a cocktail hour, and then an hour presentation about the Marine Corps which was pretty cool, and then dinner which was actually probably the best ball food I've had which was a pleasant surprise.
Love this guy! Such a fun night out with him.
Grateful to be a part of this strong military community and especially grateful for the men and women who work so hard to protect us (and as much or more for the families at home who support them).
Semper Fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment