Well I thought you might all like to see something besides the house... so I decided to acquire a new skill. The biggest adjustment to moving to Kentucky will be the loss of our dear sister, friend and HAIRDRESSER! After one lesson a couple months ago, I was on my own. Luckily Grant's mom let me borrow some clippers and I tackled Grant's head...head on. I was a little nervous but thought now would be the best time to practice since we don't really know anyone and pretty much the only places we go are Home Depot and Lowe's (and believe me, no matter what his hair looked like, someone else there is looking much worse). And...we had a full 7 days for it to grow before we have to see people at church that we know. It was getting long and I hate to say we don't have a total before picture but I am pretty proud of the outcome. It's not as good as Jen could have done but for my first time I didn't do bad. He got compliments at church today saying he looked nice so apparently he is looking ok!

Using the clippers and "rolling" out to make sure I don't make a line in the back of his head (I think that's why I do that :)

Trimming the sides and the top, dang he has a lot of hair on those sides...pretty bushy but we tamed it pretty well.

I see Jen do this so I thought I would look professional :) It was even!

Then comes the special treatment... if you want to get tipped of course! I saw Grant's mom do it for his dad so I thought it was part of the full service salon they had going there :)

Practicing for the day when hair starts growing in weird places...man I don't want to get old.

Eyebrow trim anyone?

The final product!

Vacuuming up his head to get rid of all the cut hairs (no more dustbuster).

And all the hair I cut off...pretty gross looking all in a ball!
So, the next time you're in Kentucky and need a haircut (which is bound to happen to all of you someday, haha, stop on by Taryn's full service salon!)
Looks good. I also want to take this opportunity to say how much I like your background.
ReplyDeleteNice work Taryn. If you keep practicing maybe I will trust you to cut my hair!! :) I am glad to see that things are going well with the house. I love seeing what you all are doing with it! We miss you!!
ReplyDelete