Tuesday, September 04, 2018

NorCal beach day

Because it's hard for me to ever get enough beach, I decided we needed to check out some Nor Cal beaches while we were at my parents. 
So, one Friday we headed out to Pacifica and the coast just south of there. We hit up the beach by the pier and spent the morning there. My mom and the boys and I decided to go for a walk and ended up hiking to the top of the nearby mountain and taking in the amazing views! 
The weather was amazing. It was barely cool when we arrived and was warm and sunny from there on out.
The sand was very dark, almost black sand (although looks much lighter in the pictures) which was kind of a fun different thing for the beach. 
The crazy stairs up to the top! It was surrounded by wildflowers and gorgeous.
Boden and Mimi
View from the top
We did a little beach combing as well...found lots of large crab shells
After our morning at the beach we decided to head down the coast to check out some lighthouses. The drive was SO beautiful. The northern coast with the sun out to illuminate the water and all the greenery made it breathtaking. 
First stop, Montara lighthouse
From there we headed south a bit more to Half Moon Bay, went to a little surf shop, stopped by Mavericks beach where they have the enormous wave surf competition and then went a little farther south to Pigeon Point lighthouse. It was super windy and a bit cold and the big boys were asleep so they stayed in the car with my dad while we walked around.


On the way back home we stopped at a couple cute little beaches we had seen on the drive down. Rowan and I got out at this one and I wished we'd had more time. It was such a perfect little cove beach! Pomponio State Beach.
And then I pulled over for a quick sunset shot just before we went through the tunnel to head home. The day turned out to be everything I could have asked for from this beautiful beach day! I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment