Monday, June 11, 2012

Real life

Dr. Grant (it's official now-got his dental license in the mail while we were gone)
Thought I'd take a short break from Hawaii blogging to update the fact that real life here begins today. Grant's first day of work! We woke up, went for a run and then I sent this cute sailor off to the hospital. Good luck Grant! This week will mostly be paperwork and getting familiarized, but he'll jump right in this weekend with his first week of on-call and I'm sure those scrubs will feel familiar again really quick (even though it's been over a month since he's been in the clinic). I, on the other hand, am sitting at home studying for my boards which I take next week...so excited to be done with those! Then, the reality of finding a job down here (which is proving to be extremely difficult) will again ensue.

Yesterday, we drove on base to get his orders stamped, and as I was walking next to him in this uniform I said, "This is weird. You're not old enough to be a Naval Officer. You're not old enough to be a real dentist." Yep...looks like we're growing up :) 

5 comments:

  1. I was hoping you were going to do a "first day" picture today. Hope it all goes well this week for him. Good luck with your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great first day of work picture! It's official, you are growing up. :) Don't let it scare you. Dr. Layton sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I am super jealous my husband isn't a sailor! I love the Navy uniforms :). And congrats to you guys and good luck on your exam!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Grant! So proud of the both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Hooray for the real world :)

    ReplyDelete