Saturday, June 02, 2012

Family vacation (Oahu day 1)

I was extremely blessed to have the pleasure of attending BYU Hawaii for a summer (now 9 years ago!) It was an amazing experience as I got to live on the beach, learn more about the Hawaiian culture, get 2 required classes out of the way, get crazy tan and blonde, and live the Aloha spirit for a summer with the perfect friend/partner in crime, Jenny :) 
The following summer, I got to go back with Grant, on our honeymoon, and show him all my favorite beaches, hangouts, etc. It was so fun to enjoy the island again.
However, there were still some people I eagerly wanted to share this experience with (the ones who helped make this possible for me!)...my family! So, because of all the graduation fun that has been going on in my family recently (Karleigh, me and Grant...and Holly not that long ago), we "convinced" my parents that a trip to Hawaii was in store.

We made plans, got flights, and a week and a half after our journey to California, we jet set to Oahu. Holly and Jonny drove down from Provo late Saturday night, we had some fun walking the pier in Oceanside on Sunday, and then early Monday morning we headed to the airport and met my parents and Karleigh at the airport in Oahu.  We rented a van (and everything fit surprisingly well for 7 people's luggage (for 2 weeks) in a 7 passenger van).
We were even comfortable enough to do some sightseeing on the way to our house, stopping at the Dole Plantation, as we drove right through it on the way to the North Shore.

We knew the house here was going to be awesome, but the reality of it did not set in until we got here. I pray that I will be able to come back here again one day as it is truly one of the best locations I can imagine and the house is beautiful and comfortable.

Grant is enjoying his new found love for photography, so there will be SEVERAL pictures over the course of the next few days/weeks, documenting our family vacation in Hawaii.
View of our house from the beach

Coconut palm in the backyard...we also bought some fresh coconut meat to eat at a fruit stand which was surprisingly nutty and tasty.

Dad looking at the ocean from the Lanai (probably our favorite part of the house)
 Hanging out and heading to the beach...
 View of the backyard from the Lanai
 Grant immediately made several new friends (and played National Geographic photographer in the backyard capturing several creature photos)-although I had to snap this shot for obvious reasons
 "I feel like I'm in a calendar"-Karleigh. Best quote of the day, and I agree completely.
Enjoying the amazing view on our first day at the beach.

 And relaxing on the couch after a long day of travel and fun...
So excited to be here for an amazing family vacation!

6 comments:

  1. ummm, now you make me want to go on a family trip to hawaii!!! soo beautiful. hey, will you give me info on that place for renting it. i would like to check into that if it's available! sooo cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, Grant. The house and location are amazing. We're already saving our pennies to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond words! What a great place. It's fun your family gets to see where you lived. Enjoy Maui!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUCKYYYYY! great pics grant!! and I like the lizard guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I want to got to Oahu!
    Your family looks so happy! Please say that you will share the information of the house you rented?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never wanted to go to Hawaii as much as I do after looking at your pictures. Gorgeous. Looks like y'all had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete