Besides our trip to Okuma and our vacation to Seoul, we had a lot of fun with my parents here! The weather was definitely not as good as we would have liked, but we made it work and found fun things to do and seized the hours that were beautiful.
One rainy morning we headed to the mall to hang out, eat some good food and luckily it stopped raining long enough for us to try out the hammock cafe I had been wanting to go to. They have a trampoline that you can jump on, so we hung out there, drank some juices and let Rowan jump for a little while. We also tried 2 new Starbucks frappucinos while they were here, a strawberry one and Baked Cheesecake, both of which were SO good (and I have a ton of free drink coupons I need to use before I leave Japan so it was perfect).
One of the greatest parts of Okinawa is the snorkeling, and my dad especially loves it, so I was so glad that the weather was decent enough one morning for us to go. Maeda is always fun, and there was a lot to see that day!
And of course, you can't visit without a pedicure at Cocok...Rowan helped me decide on whale sharks and I love how my mom's flowers turned out!
And on their last night here, we had a fire and played at the beach. I'm not a huge Smores person, but I spread some Nutella one of the graham crackers and toasted my marshmellow perfectly, it was pretty delicious.
Thank you for taking the time, spending the money, etc to come visit us Mimi and Papa. The kids loved having them here (as did we). They had a sort of terrible flight home with delays, rerouting, etc. so it's good that we're only here a few more months since I don't think they'll want to make that flight again anytime soon :) We love you guys, thanks for coming to spend your vacation with us!








I love this!!! So glad they were able to visit you one last time while you're in Oki!
ReplyDeleteWe certainly had a wonderful time in Oki with you all. Adventures to Korea and Okuma were really fun. It was well worth the delayed flights to have spent time with your family. Loved it!
ReplyDelete