Saturday, June 04, 2016

Tegalalang Rice terraces-bucket list check!

Because it had rained the night before, we decided to head out to the rice terraces as soon as we saw sun the next morning :) Our driver dropped us off at one end at the top of a set of stairs, and this was the view. This was one thing I was most excited to see while we were in Bali, and it did not disappoint. In fact, I think I enjoyed it even more than I anticipated.
 The hike begins!
 Our little rice farmers :)
Making them work hard
 The terraces went much farther back than you could even see from the street and these areas were actually some of the more beautiful parts. I seriously just couldn't get over all the shades of green that were everywhere!
It was seriously impressive. There were little donation centers along the way (I think we only encountered 2 of them). Many reviews I read complained about these, but I was happy to pay the equivalent of like 50 cents to be able to trek through these gorgeous rice fields
After we had walked through the entire field, we grabbed some drinks and enjoyed the view from the top again for awhile before heading home for naps and then going into town to enjoy Ubud.
Boden was clearly worn out from the trekking experience :) We had a good mix of sun and shade which made the green look different at every turn. So much fun! I could look at these fields for hours. We are surrounded by rice fields at home in Okinawa, and i have always loved them, but these definitely brought this crop to a whole new level!

No comments:

Post a Comment